Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wednesday!

Today was Silly Hat Day at school.  Caden wanted to make his silly hat but Cass accidentally left the hat on his desk.  SO, I took him to Dollar General and found a silly hat!  I think it ended up being super cute, anyway!  Our neighbor, Ava, rode to school with them so they wore their silly hats together!
Caden before school!
His silly hat was an elephant!

We have MomTime on Wednesday mornings at church and this morning, I took Tessa (Ava's sister) with us and her mom met us there!  I must admit it was fun seeing a little pink hairbow in the mirror when I looked in the back to check on them!  Calder LOVED having a friend in the back with him and they giggled the whole way there!  I love it!
Picture before we left for MomTime!

For MomTime, we went to Panera and just talked.  It is so hard to fellowhip with other mom's without children around when you are a stay-at-home mom!  It is SOOOOO nice to have Wednesday mornings to know that we can have uninterrupted conversation (Even though I miss my kids the whole time :) ).  I am hardly ever away from my children so I try to make those times count.  

I went back to the church and picked Tessa, Calder and Bates up and Sara picked Caden and Ava up from school. She shared some chicken for lunch with us then the boys all went down for naps.  Caden has to nap on Wednesday becasue we have church and he will be up late!  He actually handled it very well!  I think this new little system is really working!  When everyone woke up, we cleaned the den and played outside for a little bit!  Wednesday is eat out night because of church so we had to get ready for Chick-fil-A!  The boys each won a year of free kids meals a while back so we are still using those...and we buy 30 calendars a year and use the coupons to eat free the entire year!  It's nice to be able to go out to eat once a week and never have to pay a penny!  PLUS, it really helps our budget!
Bates playing after nap.  He looks so big here to me :(
Caden and Bates!  Caden is SOOO good with babies and he LOVES to play with Bates!  It's SO sweet!
Almost making the same face!
PRECIOUS!
This is how Calder is usually dressed at home.  NO PANTS!  It drives me crazy but it's just part of who he is!  At least he is comfortable!

He is growing up so quickly, too!  Asked him why he was wearing his backpack and he said it is because he is a college student!  How funny!  He must see them riding around campus when we are out and about!  I thought that was too cute!
LOVE!

He asked me to get one from the front so I could see his face :)
Calder is always up to something outside.... we never know what!
AND, Bates is always SO happy to just be strapped in his stroller watching everyone play!  I cannot wait until he is big enough to join the fun!

Then, it was off to dinner at Chick-fil-A and then church.  We had fun eating and the boys always trade their toy in for ice cream...by themselves...which they think is the BEST!  They even do little cookie crumbs on it if they ask for it!

Our bible/book study was great tonight!  I'm really liking the book we are going through.  It puts parenting in a whole new light and really makes you think!  Very convicting!

One of the leaders in preschool fell tonight on the playground and was in the restroom washing her hand because she had a few broken blood vessels.  Caden was in there and asked her why she was washing her hand.  She told him she fell and he said, "God gave you eyes so you could see your feet so you would know where you are going and you won't fall!".  OH MY GOODNESS!!!  He learned about his senses last week at school and DEFINITELY figured that out BUT I think I'll have to work more on what is appropriate to say and not to say!  It made us laugh, though!  TOO cute!  You never know what's going through those little minds :)

We didn't leave church until after 8 and still had to stop by Walmart to pick up a few things.  Hoping everyone sleeps well and these storms tomorrow are not as bad as Monday!

Thankful for my three little blessings today.  They bring SO much JOY and LAUGHTER to our home!

No comments: