The storms were BAD last night. In fact, several people lost their lives in Birmingham and a lot of homes were damaged. Be in prayer for the areas that were hit hard and the families of the people that are hurt or that lost loved ones. It breaks my heart. I only slept a couple of hours so I am exhausted! We ended up waking our kids up at 2:45 and getting in our safe spot when they named the exact spot we live in on t.v. It ended up hitting a couple of miles from our house. SO close and SO thankful for God's protection of our family!
Caden and Cass left early this morning and had breakfast at Chick-fil-A together. It's free breakfast week there so they are going to do that all week! What fun, special time! Calder, Bates and I went on a walk with our neighbors, played outside and hung out at home! I was SOOOOOO sleepy that I'm not sure how we went walking!
Today we started something new at naptime. Caden will no longer have to take naps (except on Wednesdays) but he will have a two hour rest time where he can play by himself but he can't hang out with me. This should give me time to get things done, allow him to rest and do some things he enjoys by himself! Calder knows that when he gets older, he will be able to do this, too. Caden took A LOT of toys in his room for rest time today and had a blast! Every time I opened the door, he was dressed in a different dress up outfit!
Cass took half a sick day and came home because he was so tired it was hard to get anything accomplished! Working on no sleep isn't always a good thing. He rested, went on a run and then we all got outside this evening! Caden LOVES to do anything that Cass loves and tonight he wanted to go on a run! Calder, Bates and I went on a walk around the block a few times while they went running around the block! It was so much fun!
Cass and Caden
There they go!
Capri Sun before our walk!
Calder and Bates ready to go!
Lap one! Cass was teaching him about keeping a pace!
LOVE this!
They found this in a yard on their run!
Calder thought it was funny!
So did Caden
Bates wasn't so sure about it so I just got him by himself! Isn't he a cutie?
When we got back around the block, our sweet neighbors were outside and the boys played with them! They have three little ones, too, and it's so much fun having great neighbors!!! One thing we will DEFINITELY miss whenever our house sells! I am already praying God gives us great new neighbors! (not that we can't get together all the time with them but it's just really easy when they are right next door!)
I asked Caden's teacher to call me and she called right before we went in and had great things to say about Caden! I had a few little concerns I wanted to ask her about and I was SOOOO happy to hear that he is very respectful and considerate at school and that he is a great student!!!
We had a mom's night out tonight at the Hatmaker's house. It was soup/salad/dessert and a lot of fun! Two of my neighbors go to church with us and they rode with me. I made loaded potato soup but there were lots of other yummy goodies there, too! We had a great turn out and I think everyone had a great night of fellowship with friends! We even had a few new faces join us so that was fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment