Today was a fun Friday! Cass is off on Fridays (which I LOVE...even though he has to be gone on Sunday) and today we had a fun day! We took Caden to school then headed to Walmart and Sam's to buy supplies for January for the Preschool Ministry. While we were in Walmart, we saw the Dune Racer which is what we were planning to replace the three ride-ons that were defective that they received for Christmas with. Everywhere has been sold out and Calder was SOOOOO excited that they had it! We finished our shopping at Walmart and Sam's then Cass ran back in to buy it! We had a gift card that was sent to us for Christmas (blessing, again) to use to put towards it, too, and so that made it something we could do! I should have taken a picture of how we had to put it in the van. When we picked Caden up from school, he had to get in through the back and climb over the seat! Thankfully one of the middle seats was already out so it squeezed in there (and I was squished up as close to the front window as the seat would get!)
When we left Walmart, we ran buy Chick-fil-A and got our free lunch (with our calendar coupons), picked up Caden and headed to the church so Cass could finish what needed to be done with the bins for Sunday! When we got home, they went right to sleep so Daddy would put the Dune Racer together!
The reviews said it would take FOREVER to put together but it wasn't too bad. While he was putting it together, we had a police lady come by so I could fill out a police report for a package that was stolen off our porch. UPS is requiring we have one to refund the company their money. People would stare when they drove by with the police at our house! Strange! (and I am STILL convinced whoever stole the pajamas must be disappointed and I wish they would just return them!)
Calder woke up early, grabbed a step stool and blanket from inside and sat down to watch Cass put it together!
He had to check it all out!
When Caden woke up, he was SOOOO excited it was already finished! Cass just had to add the stickers! Today is Caden's half birthday. I'm a little birthday crazy and love celebrating the little things in life...and I think half birthdays are totally worth celebrating. We're going to Gigi's to get a cupcake tomorrow because we ran out of time today!
Calder went on a little bike ride, too!
Both boys testing it out!
LOVE watching them have so much fun together!!
They were just taking it for a little test run before the battery has to charge for 18 hours!!
After it was all put together, I started dinner (which was leftover Chicken and Dumplings from last night) and realized we didn't have any Bisquick! (I didn't like the canned biscuits as the dumplings so we made our usual ones and they were MUCH better to all of us - 2 cups bisquick and 2/3 cup milk, mix together and drop by spoonfuls on top of chicken mixture and allow to cook about 30 minutes) We decided we would just walk up to Winn-Dixie to get it! It was a BEAUTIFUL day and it really isn't that far from our house and there is a sidewalk the entire way! I woke Bates up, got him all bundled up and off we went!
He thinks it is so fun to ride in the stroller!
AND, today was a special day for Bates, too! He is 13 months old today! These months just FLY by! He is crawling all over the place, walking around tables holding on but still not ready to let go! He has turned into a picky, picky eater! He will push your hand away, sick his tongue out and close his eyes if he doesn't want something. He is still nursing off and on because I can't get him to drink milk and he's not eating much. Since he is still not on the growth chart, I'm trying everything that I can to get him to eat! He LOVES the Gerber banana cookies but he cannot live on cookies!!! He is a sweet, sweet, happy baby and I am sooooooo thankful that God blessed our family with this precious little boy!
Caden, 5 1/2!!! **he is looking at a Dollywood map...he LOVES maps!
All three boys before we headed to Winn-Dixie! I am one blessed Mommy!
**Calder has been in bed a while but came in while I was typing this post and said, "I have something VERY important I need to tell you!" (he is not allowed out of his bed except for an emergency) I said, "what?" and he said, "I love y'all!" I couldn't even bring myself to get on to him! Thankful for his precious little heart and that he loves his Mommy and Daddy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment