Thursday, January 19, 2012

January 18

Happy Wednesday!!!
Caden had school this morning and Calder went to Mom's on the Go childcare at our church.  I kept Bates with me so he could get a nap.  When we were ready, we headed out to pick up a few things.  I needed to get some shirts to applique on, ingredients for punch for a shower that is coming up, use a gift certificate that was about to expire and go to Dollar Tree!  I was finished with everything except Dollar Tree and ran out of time.  When I was headed to get Calder, Bates and I were almost hit by a car (going really fast that wasn't yielding where it should have been).  We came within a couple of inches of being hit.  I stopped and thanked God for His protection over me and Bates.  It could have been VERY bad.  I think I was shaking for about 20 minutes after that!

I picked up Calder, then Caden then we headed to Chick-fil-A for lunch!  Caden wanted the new Chicken Tortilla Soup, Calder nuggets and Bates is happy to eat anything you put in his mouth!  I pulled into a spot and got them settled eating in the back and then headed to the ENT for Calder's appointment.  He has been snoring during naps and at night and he gets up several times a night.  He had his adenoids removed last year so they wanted his tonsils checked out.  The waiting area was packed and the big two were trying to keep Bates entertained and I think they ended up keeping the entire waiting area entertained.  I loved it, though, because they weren't misbehaving and it was really cute and sweet.  Verdict:  Tonsil surgery February 17.  BOO!!!  I'm not looking forward to it but know it will make him feel SOOOOO much better when he gets it behind him.  I hope it has us all sleeping better, too!  He was jumping up and down excited and telling everyone in the office that he gets to have his tonsils taken out (as if it is a privilege).  I love his positive outlook on life.  He gets excited so easily!  I could take a few lessons from him on that!  While we were in there, I asked him if he could look at Bates' ear to see if it was still blocked with the dried blood from his tube surgery.  We have been doing peroxide and drops in it SEVERAL times a day since December 19 when he had the surgery.  The past few days he  has been crying when I do it so I wanted to see if we had made progress.  I was SOOOOOOOOOO excited to hear that the tube was clear and open and he will not have to have surgery to have it removed and re-inserted!!!  God is SOOOO good to answer our prayers!  AND he said no more drops and to cancel our recheck appointment!!!  YAY!!!

I took them to Dollar Tree when we left and we bought some Toy Story juice boxes to take to Disney World!  They were super excited and for a dollar I couldn't pass it up!  Then time for naps and back to church.  I am loving the book we are going through on Wednesday nights (Give them Grace) and am looking forward to talking about it each week with the wonderful women in our group!  It is a great book that is not a feel good parenting book.  If you really want to discipline your children the way the Lord desires, I encourage you to read it!  So far, we all like it!!!

We had not eaten dinner and had a gift card to Taziki's so we headed there after church.  It was yummy and hit the spot!  The big boys rode home with me and Bates and Cass rode home together :)  Wednesdays are busy days at our house!  I'm thankful tomorrow is Cass' Friday (except he has Parents Night Out this Friday) so we can hang out on Friday morning!  It's one of my favorite times of the week!  

AND, while I was on the computer, Cass finished the laundry and cleaned the house a little!  SO thankful for a happy, helpful husband!!!

No comments: