Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 9

Today was stressful.  I have a sister with a mental condition (which has been trying my entire life) but she has recently done some pretty bad things to our family.  It has been VERY stressful dealing with it and today was just really tough.  I want to be transparent on this blog so I'm going to share the ups and downs of life.  I know not every family situation is ideal but this one has even left some counselors speechless and sending us for help elsewhere.  SO, in dealing with it today, Cass and I were both stressed!  We are praying that the situation will improve but only God will be able to make that happen :)

I went to the dr. this morning for a physical (we try to go every January) and then came home for lunch with the boys.  PB and J for all three and they ate them so fast!  Then it was off to naptime!  Bates ended up waking up during naptime so I played with him and it took a lot of the stress off.

Cass had a Daddy/Son night with Caden tonight.  They went to dinner at Chili's (we had a coupon for free skillet queso) and they split the sliders!  Caden even brought one home and wants Calder to eat it tomorrow for lunch!  Then they had a candy sundae at Sonic, went to Academy to hit some golf balls and look around (he really wants a t-ball bat), then to Lifeway and Barnes and Noble (to play with trains).  Cass let Caden decide where to go and they had a GREAT time!  He NEEDS that one on one time and craves it every day!  He went to bed smiling so big because he was so happy from his night out!  (they were going to see the Chipmunk movie but it got out too late for a school night)  I'm thankful that he has a Daddy that loves investing in him and spending time with him!  Here are some pictures from their fun night!

 At dinner! (he wore his Roll Tide shirt today because of the National Championship...not because we're Alabama fans!)
 With the t-ball stuff!
Train time at Barnes and Noble!

Calder, Bates and I went to dinner at Moe's with a friend of mine and her two little girls.  It made Calder feel pretty special, too!  After dinner we all headed to Target then I took the boys to Publix on our way home.  I let them ride in the fun buggy (which I wiped down REALLY well before they got in) and we had a great time  picking out our groceries!
In their cart

Now they are all having sweet dreams in their beds.  They are such precious, precious gifts and not a day goes by that I don't thank God for them!  I went to the OB this morning and that always brings back memories of the babies we have lost.  I NEVER forget them but for some reason, going in there makes some of the memories seem so real again.  Today I thanked God for those precious little babies that are with Him in heaven.  I am grateful that they never had to experience life on this earth and they only know the love of our Heavenly Father.  I also know that those two little boys pictured above wouldn't be with us if our little angels were here...and I am truly grateful that God blessed us with them, too :) 

1 comment:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Sweet sweet post Marybeth! Hope you are feeling better tonight and can rest! Blessings and love.