Friday, January 13, 2012

January 13

Hey, this is Cass...MB usually is the one updating this blog, but she asked me to guest post today.  So, here it goes!!!

Being a pastor, Sundays are always work days for me! Because I work on Sundays, my weekend starts on Friday!  I love having Fridays off.  Today, we decided that we would take Calder out for a fun morning.  We would take Caden to school and then go and do some fun things, just with Calder!

So, we asked Calder where he wanted to go for breakfast, and he said, 'Chick-fil-a!!!' He always picks CFA!!! He loves their biscuits with jelly!  He was also excited about being able to go to "mengastics" (as he calls it).  There is a place in town, called Bama Bounders, were you can pay just $5 per child and let them play on some gymnastics equipment for about 45 minutes, and then the people who work there do some fun activities with a parachute!!! MB and the younger two have been there before, but this was my first time there!

I was very impressed with it, and am already looking forward to the next time that we get to go!!!

They have different heights of balance beams that the kids can walk across...here is Calder walking across the high one with a little help!!!

 Here are the both of us walking across the middle height one!  Sure am glad I have good balance!!!

Here is Calder playing on the parallel bars...

 Here he is swinging on the rings...

They had these things connected to the wall that you could climb up.  Calder loved doing this!

Here we are playing with the parachute!

One of the activities was to find certain colors...he found the color red.

Then they allow the boys and girls to get in the middle, and the parents spin them all around!  It was the boys turn...Calder couldn't stop smiling!!!

Bates loved having so much room to crawl around!  He also loved watching his brother jump, spin, and do flips!!!

Here is a short video of Calder jumping down the long trampoline!!! 


When we got home, we got the boys down for their nap, but then we received our Disney package!!!  We are headed there in a couple of weeks and the lady who we are using to book the trip sent the boys these little treats.  They are so excited about going!!!  I am not quite sure how they will contain themselves once they get there!!!

MB decided to bake a cake tonight...which I always love! Here are the big two helping stir up the cake batter before dinner!!!

After dinner it was bath time!  This is one of my favorite parts of the whole day!  I have become the one who bathes the boys each night, but I love it.  It gives me a great time to just sit and chat with them a little before bed!!! They love taking baths together!  I know that there will be a day soon where this is not the case, but until then...bath time is a lot of fun!!!


The curriculum that we use at church, First Look, is big on partnering with parents to take the Bible stories that we learn at church, and bring them home.  One of the ways that this can be done is through bath time!  This month we are talking about a few of the miracles of Jesus, and that anything is possible with God (Matthew 19.26).  So, the miracle that we learned about this week is when Jesus told Simon to throw his nets in the water to catch the fish and they caught more fish than their boats would even hold.

I decided to re-tell the story tonight at bath time.  We found a couple of toys to be Simon and Jesus, and put them in boat.  When we got to the point where the large amount of fish were caught, I began to throw in hand fulls of Styrofoam letters, animals, etc. (pretending they were the fish)!!! The boys thought that this was so funny!!! But it was a great way to teach them that Jesus is the ONLY One who could allow that many fish to be caught!!!
It is always fun to find everyday things, experiences, and times to teach the Bible to my children!!!  

Sorry for the long post today, but it was a really fun day!  I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings...

Now, to hang out with MB before the day is over!!!  Stayed tuned for my adventures with the Brannan's!!!


No comments: