Friday, January 20, 2012

January 19

What a fun day!  Cass took Caden to school and Calder and Bates played at home with me for most of the morning!  We left a little early to go by Walmart on our way to pick Caden up and had fun walking around!  I was looking for little things to add to our Disney trip goodie bags and surprises.  I have a little surprise planned for each day that we're there!  I figured that would save a lot and keep us from buying souvenirs there!  By the time we got to the deli, Bates saw food and started screaming!  You would think we never feed him if you saw the way he reacts around food!  It's hilarious!  The lady felt sorry for him and gave the boys potato wedges to snack on while we finished shopping!  They LOVED that!  I was all ready to check out and only had a few little things so we made our way to the garden center where we always check out.  I had the boys in the double stroller and started talking to the lady checking me out like we always do.  Our conversation turned to:
Lady: "You're pregnant, aren't you?"
Me: "No ma'am.  Just these two and their brother that's at school!"
Lady: "I really thought you were.  Did you just have your baby then?"
Me:  getting very sad, "No, he is right here in the stroller."
Lady: "Well where is your baby?  Isn't it a boy?"
Me:  (thinking isn't it obvious he is sitting in the stroller right here in front of you???)

Needless to say, it didn't do much for my self esteem.  I immediately called Cass when I got in the car and he assured me she must have thought I was someone else.  I know I'm not as thin as I was before I had my first but I definitely don't feel like I look as though I'm about to have a baby!  I will NOT be wearing that sweater EVER again!

It's amazing how someones comments can really change your day and the way you view yourself.  I admit that I don't work out as much as I should but I do eat healthy and pretty much only drink water.  Since we don't have a gym membership and it's hard to walk three kids at once, it is hard to get out and walk every day but I'm going to be trying to do it AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!  Praying that I don't get any more comments like that :)

Then we picked up Caden, ran to Hancock (so I could get buttons and finish my bubble I've been working on) stopped by Target then headed home for naps!  Cass came home early today since he has Parent's Night Out on Friday so it was super nice to have him home a little earlier :)
 LOVE this precious boy!!!


When Calder woke up from his nap, I took him on a surprise date to a little ice cream store right by our house.  It's new and we had not tried it (and I must admit, I wasn't overly impressed) but he got a chocolate/vanilla ice cream cone and HE really enjoyed it.  He didn't talk in the car on the way there and after I got his ice cream he sat down and didn't say a word.  I asked him why he wasn't talking and he said you aren't allowed to talk on dates...older people don't!  I told him that was NOT true!  I finally got him talking and we enjoyed hanging out with just the two of us!  (I skipped out on the ice cream...especially after my Walmart conversation!)

Made spaghetti for dinner, we all hung out as a family, baths for the boys and then bedtime!  Cass and I caught up on Parenthood after the boys went to bed.  I was about to go to sleep and then decided I wanted to sew those buttons on that bubble...so I did.  And I am thankful for a sweet husband that didn't even complain that I was sewing buttons in our bed at midnight :)  I AM going to do better about going to bed, though.

No comments: