Monday, January 16, 2012

January 16

This morning before Cass left for work, he set up his tent in the den for the boys to play in!  They were SOOOOO excited and had so much fun playing in there all morning!  I popped popcorn and let them watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, too!

 Caden helping Cass set up the tent!
 Calder helped, too!
 Daddy behind the HUGE tent!
 This isn't even the whole tent...he left off a little walkway/doorway!
 Bates had never been in a tent and thought it was VERY fun!
 Eating breakfast in the tent!
 They all eat each others food...they were after Calders and he didn't want to share :)
 Feeding Bates!
 Caden ready to watch a movie!



After they were tired of the tent, we went outside to ride the dune racer, scooters and bikes!  Their friend across the street was home today and so they asked his mom if he could come play with them!  They had so much fun running around and playing together!
 Ready to go!
 They love to play together!
 Driving down the street!
 Caden picked up Noah!!! (or neighbor)
 Calder switched to his bike...then scooter...then big wheel...
 Caden showing Noah how it works!
 Our happy little driver!
Smiley Calder!

Then, we came in and ate jelly sandwiches (they aren't big on peanut butter).  Bates woke up in time to enjoy being outside a little bit before we had to come in for lunch :)

Then, they asked if they could take their nap in the tent!  I went for it as long as they didn't talk and went straight to sleep!  They didn't take a long nap but they did BOTH nap!  When Caden got up, I owed him a leappad app so we got online, looked at the choices then purchased the game he picked and put it on both boys leappads!  They had fun playing their new game after nap...while I finished up dinner and make a caramel cake for dessert!

Right before Cass got home, Caden was in timeout in his room.  He came in the kitchen and said, "Mommy, I am really sorry I was being disobedient and disrespectful.  I am going to do a much better job listening tomorrow."  I couldn't believe he came to apologize on his own and thought it was too sweet.  Then he asked if he could go outside and play and I said sure.  A few minutes later he came back in and said, "I was really tired of being in my room and got to thinking that if I came and apologized you might let me go back outside and play!"  Smart boy.  It kinda ruined his first apology but at least he DID come and apologize on his own :) What a great teaching lesson!

Then time for the boys to go to bed and Cass and I watched The Bachelor (my ONLY guilty pleasure in life) I don't think I've missed a season since it started...which is probably HORRIBLE to admit!  I just love it for some reason!

Off to bed.  Full day tomorrow!  Can't wait to make more memories with my precious little ones and Cass tomrorow!!!

No comments: