I love Friday and Saturday mornings because Cass is home and we're not in a rush to get anywhere! We got up this morning and put a can of orange rolls in the oven and played while they cooked! Calder had a little meltdown because he wanted pancakes but Cass is reading - Have a New Kid by Friday - and he used something from the first day in there and when it was time to eat, Calder understood he could have one orange roll or not eat breakfast. He was smart and chose to eat AND he told us the lesson he learned! Hoping this book helps make us better parents! Calder usually doesn't give us any trouble and is a very easy going kid so I'm not sure what the problem was today!
After breakfast, I did some things inside and Cass and the boys took the Christmas lights off the house! I'm SO glad they are down now! It was a beautiful day so the boys rode their bikes around and Bates sat in his car. Caden found a cat to play with and had the best time petting it! He LOVES animals and we do not :) I think a kitten may be a really good thing for him, though, so we may consider getting one at some point. He is like a totally different child around animals!
Playing with the cat!
Bates enjoyed watching and eating grass and bark!
I had to post of few of him because I love his little smile and I don't want to forget all the precious moments from when he was little!
Cutie!!
Then we all got ready and headed to Barnes and Noble to get some books for church tomorrow and take Caden to Gigi's Cupcakes for his half birthday celebration!!!
Calder did a great job watching Caden pick out what he wanted. I wasn't sure how this would go over because cupcakes are Calder's FAVORITE and it wasn't his day to get one!
He chose the birthday cake cupcake which was white cake with pink icing with sprinkles! I figured that's the one he would go for because it was plain and traditional! Totally fit his personality!!!
Taking his first bite!
Yummy!!!!!
Poor Calder and Bates...they were both BEGGING for cupcake and Caden was so kind to share a lot of it with both of them!!!
Calder took off running in the grassy area!
And Bates sat in the grass and watched...and begged for more cupcake! He has a little sweet tooth!
Then we headed to Target to purchase more supplies for church tomorrow and food for the Parent-Child Dedication Breakfast! I made breakfast casserole, cinnamon rolls and fruit tonight and we're picking up Panera bagels and a coffee pack in the morning!
We came home and the boys took naps, Cass went for a run and I cooked dinner! Dinner was a new recipe from Southern Living and they had the cook time really off (or our oven is broken) but the chicken took FOREVER to get done so we ended up eating salad and potatoes before the chicken was ready! Oops!
The boys jumped in the bath after dinner and Calder was on a hunt for some pajamas that he could wear to match Bates! Bates had no clue why Calder was so excited but we got a picture just for Caldy!
Sweet boys in their "mustache" pajamas!
Big brother didn't want to wear his but he still got in a picture :) These are three of my VERY favorite people in the whole world!!!
Bates woke up after we layed him down and joined us to sing Jesus Loves Me before they went to sleep! (Calder got to choose the song because it was his day) They boys said their prayers and then it was time for bed! Tonight, Calder got out and said, "it really isn't fair that y'all get to stay up later than us so tonight I'm just going to stay up with y'all!". I don't think that's how it works but it was a good try on his part :) It is always fun to see what he comes up with each night because he ALWAYS gets out of bed at least one time!
Playing with Bates through the rail. It's so cute because Bates puts his nose up to the mesh and if you touch it he cracks up!!
And while I was sitting there, I took a picture of one of Cass' newest creations...the wall hangings for their room to match their comforters! This one is over Calders bed!
My favorite part of the day was when we were at a red light, Caden saw a circle in the road and said, "Is that a halo? I think an angel dropped it!" It was so innocent that I think he really thought an angel lost their halo! Precious!
I was able to catch up with a friend tonight, too. It's always good to talk to friends you have known for a long time. I love the genuine friendships that God has placed in my life and how encouraged I feel after hearing all the things God is teaching them and doing in their lives and communities! I really miss my friends that live far away but am thankful that we can easily stay in touch!
We better get to sleep! We have Parent-Child breakfast in the morning! I am thankful for a Saturday with my family and the beautiful weather!
No comments:
Post a Comment