Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January 24

Since Calder doesn't go to school anymore, I have been trying to make sure he has a lot of fun things to do in the mornings.  Before Bates was born, we would go to story time at the library on Tuesday mornings and we haven't been much since.  I asked Calder if he would like to go today and he was VERY excited!  We got ready and headed to take Caden to school. (Cass meets with a guy on Tuesday mornings so I take Caden to school on Tuesdays).  We headed to Chick-fil-A for free breakfast (which was a cinnamon cluster today) and I pulled in the parking lot at Ann Taylor Loft to eat!  I had to crawl in the back to feed Bates and when I tried to get out of the back, I set the alarm off on the van and couldn't get it to turn off!  Embarrassing!  OH well, Calder thought it was hilarious!

Then, we headed to Target to look around so we would have something to do before story time.  Calder LOVES to look around Target and so do I!  We had fun looking at things he wanted to and after a quick little bathroom stop (I don't like taking kids to the potty in public restrooms) we were on our way to the library!
Right when we walked in, this is what we saw!  Calder was cracking up and said they had Bob the Builder there! I had my camera so I got a quick picture!  SO cute!  AND, even cuter that he was wearing his digger shirt to match!
They built them on library carts and I thought they did a great job!  Very creative and cute!

At story time, they read a couple of books, play with bubbles, watch a video, sing some songs, dance and do a color sheet!  The kids think it is so much fun!  One of our neighbors and her three little ones were there, too, which made it even more fun!  We went to Chick-fil-A with them afterwards and Calder was SOOOOOOOOOOO excited!  I'm a little bit of a germ freak and don't ever let them play on indoor playgrounds.  I know, I feel like a horrible Mother about it but they just gross me out AND we tend to get sick every time we play on one!  He was SOOOOO happy he could play today and told me he would try not to touch anything in there (impossible - but I thought it was cute that he said that on his own!)  They played and Sara watched Calder while I went to pick Caden up!  THEN, Caden thought it was a treat to get to eat at Chick-fil-A!

THEN, home for naps for the little two and rest time for Caden (which he was SOOOOO excited about).  I checked out a couple of movies at the library and he decided to watch The Mouse and the Motorcycle during rest time.  When it went off, he played in the den for an hour.  I made a pair of shorts for Caden and cleaned and cooked dinner during that time.  I know it's only been two days but it is nice to have some time to get things done by myself in the afternoons!  They have always all napped at the same time but getting them to go to sleep wasn't always easy.  This way, Calder just goes to sleep!

When they got up, some neighbors came to play!  Jeni, Ella Grace and Mary Wilkes came over!  We played in the front yard for a while then walked to one of the neighborhood playgrounds.  The two little ones rode in the stroller and Caden took his scooter (which he LOVED doing!)
Of course Bates smiled the whole time we were there!
In the stoller headed to the playground!
He LOVES to swing!!!  HE smiled and laughed the whole time!

Caden and Ella Grace played on the swings, too!

Calder wanted in the baby swings (even though he can swing on the big ones!)

Then, we took them across the street so they could run up and down a hill! I looked and Calder stopped half way up the hill to do a forward roll! TOO funny!  The boys and I went on a little walk while we waited on Cass to get home. It's been SO pretty these last two days that I wanted to make sure we enjoyed the beautiful weather!

Cass saw was walking and pulled over and Calder asked to ride with him.  We NEVER let them ride not buckled in their carseats (we are a little crazy about it, too) but since we were right by the house, he let him ride in the front for a second and he thought it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun!
Look how happy he is!

We all got home and had roasted chicken with carrots, potatoes and salad (which the boys fight over who gets seconds on the salad) and the little two got a bath.  Tomorrow is funny hat day at school and Cass forgot to bring home a had he had for Caden to decorate so I took him to Dollar General to see if we could find something.  We found a great hat for a dollar so I'll have to get his picture in the morning!  He was a little sad he didn't make it but he got over it really fast...and even bought one for his little friend, Ava, that lives next door so she would have one for school tomorrow, too!

We read one of our new library books, said our prayers, snuggled then lights out!  This new rest time is sure making bedtime MUCH easier!  Never thought it would be so great!!!

I have a friend who just returned from a mission trip to the Philippenes.  I LOVE orphans and my heart just melts when I see pictures of orphans from all over the world.  I wish I could take them ALL in!  I had a very real vision one morning about her while she was there and after seeing her pictures tonight, it confirmed what God showed me one day last week.  I LOVE those moments!  It gave me chills and made my eyes tear up.  It is amazing how God reveals himself to us!  I LOVE moments like that!!!

 Time to watch some tv with Cass so we can try to recover from losing so much sleep Sunday night! 

Hope YOU had a great Tuesday!!!

No comments: