Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 3 - Calders Busted Lip

I had a dr. appointment this morning at 7:45 so I got up and left early.  When I left, only Caden was awake.  I was talking to Cass on my way there and he went in the den to say good morning and get the boys breakfast and when he said, "Good Morning" he followed with, "Oh my goodness...Calder's lip is HUGE...like we need to go to the dr!".  He did not mention blood or anything so I suggested benadryl and head to the dr.  He assured me this was not an allergic reaction then went into his room and saw blood on the floor.  He had fallen out of his bed and hit his mouth on his dresser sometime in the middle of the night and we didn't even know!  The dr's office told me they couldn't seen him until 10 but I showed them a picture and they said bring him on and don't even check in!  Haha  This is what he looked like!
Our dr. looked at him and said he needed to go to a plastic surgeon.  The one who did my surgery was only able to see him in the ER between his surgeries so we went to an oral plastic surgeon from our church!  This whole time he was still NOT crying!  
 Here he is waiting to go back!
They didn't have to do stitches (thankfully) but we told him he can have as many popsicle's as he wants!  He has already had 6 of the mini ones...I may have to change my statement on that!  He is still smiling, even with his big ole lip!  I'm so thankful that he didn't get hurt worse than he did!  We came home and put rails on BOTH of the big boys beds!  Who knew that falling out of a little twin size bed could do so much damage???

SOOOOOO thankful for my boys and for God's protection!!!

1 comment:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

WOW~ that looks so serious. Bless his heart! Amelia fell out of her bed one night and cut her chin. I picked her up not even realizing and put her back to bed. the next morning it looked awful and we took her straight to plastic surgeon. They stitched her up as best they could and she has the scar to show for it. Hoping Calder feels better today!!! Bless you heart! XO