We had a VERY busy day! Cass provides a breakfast for parents that are dedicating their child the week before Parent-Child Dedication at church. The reason he does this is so that people realize the importance of it and don't see it as something to check off their list of things to do as a parent. There is homework to fill out for each child and you have to really think about who you want them to become and steps you are going to take to help "train" them and raise them to be Godly men and women! It also gives him an opportunity to tell them more about the preschool ministry and answer any questions people have. We do this three times a year and I cook the breakfast for it, which I really enjoy!
This morning we had breakfast casserole, cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, Panera bagels with cream cheese then orange juice, coffee and water
Cass used the burlap table cloths with some of his kite fabric across them to give it a little preschool feel. They boys don't enjoy these Sundays because we have to get there SOOOOO early but they are good sports about it. (I cooked them a pan of cinnamon rolls to eat before we left so they were happy!)
Some of the food
Cinnamon Rolls (the Sr. Adults came in and started helping themselves so thats why a few were missing :) ).
One of the tables
Fruit - YUMMY!!
Bagels
When we got home from church the boys took the Dune Racer for a little drive (and so did Cass and I) and when I pulled back in the driveway, Calder had his jeans around his ankles going potty in the grass IN OUR FRONT YARD!!! We were cracking up and told him he could NOT be NAKED in the front yard! Then we ate Brunswick Stew for lunch! I made 12 freezer baggies full of it for us to have for lunch on Sunday throughout the winter. I put it in the crock pot when we left and it was ready when we got home! The boys went down for their naps and Cass and I talked for a while! When the boys woke up, they were ready to ride the Dune Racer!
They LOVE it!!
Caden even took Bates for a little ride! He is SOOOOO sweet to him!
My little test drive!
Calder can even drive it pretty well!
Cass followed them around the block on the Huffy Green Machine and I didn't get a picture :( They had the best time playing outside and laughing and we enjoyed watching them have so much fun before we had to head back to church!
We all loaded up and went to church tonight. The bible studies started back up so they have childcare on Sunday nights. I helped Cass and the boys had a good time playing. Dinner is always up in the air on Sunday and Wednesday nights so we just ate leftover Panera bagels...is that horrible??? Bates was BEGGING for more of the honey walnut cream cheese and signing thank you to us after he would get some! I think we found something new that he loves!!!
(the sweet picture of him eating was deleted so I'll try to add it back later)
Playing with his piano!
Being a sweet boy :)
All three boys took a bath, I fed Bates and the big two put puzzles together then we said our prayers, sang a song and they went to sleep...until Calder got up to remind us they forgot to brush their teeth! He showed Cass his bottom teeth and said, "Daddy, see these teeth, these are the ones that need to be brushed". We were CRACKING UP so Cass let them both brush their teeth (which they needed to do anyway:) ).
Hope everyone has a GREAT week!!!!!
1 comment:
SO much to comment on~ such a sweet idea for child dedication!!! You are a doll sitting in that little car and baby is precious!!! Blessings and love! XOXO
Post a Comment