Saturday, February 11, 2012

On the way to DISNEY WORLD!!!

We got up early on Wednesday to head to Disney!!!  The big to boys were SOOOOOOOOOO excited and, of course, Bates had no idea what was going on.  I packed their suitcases over a week in advance and the car was loaded the night before so all we had to do was grab a few little things and head out the door!
I found this Donald Duck orange juice at Dollar Tree and thought it was cute to start our trip with!  They loved that it had Donald on it but they had never had OJ from concentrate so they we're so big on the taste :( OH well, it was still fun!!!  This is Caden and Calder right before we got in the car!
Posing with their OJ!

We stopped by Chick-fil-A on our way out of town to get breakfast and we were off!  They did SOOOOOO good in the car on the way down!  Nobody cried and there was no fussing.  I made them buckets of Disney goodies to have in the car and by 10 minutes into the trip, they had been through the buckets, used part of everything in it and dumped them on the floor in the back of the van (not what I was expecting) AND, I didn't even get a picture of their cute little buckets :(  They had coloring books, suckers, a washcloth, sunglasses, puzzles, pop rocks, stickers, workbooks, and lots of other fun stuff and it was ALL Disney related with Mickey, Cars, Toy Story, etc... on it!  SO FUN!!)

When we got up that morning, Bates, Cass and I all three had pink eye.  YUCK!  We didn't get it stop us, though.  We pulled out the drops from last time we had it and started treating it!  We were not going to let anything stop us.  We stopped in Tallahassee on our way down to see my sweet college best friend, Kristen. We met her at their church (where her husband is the pastor) and were able to catch up for a few minutes!  It's so hard having good friends spread all over the country!  BUT, it makes it fun when we travel!

When we left Tallahassee, we had about 4 hours to go.  The boys could not wait to get there but Caden started acting strange.  When we got there, he wanted to be held and when I picked him up, he was burning up :(  I had packed a thermometer so we checked into Embassy Suites (our place to stay for our first night) then checked his temp.  102!!!!!  OH NO!!!  I was so sad that he didn't feel good and we were on this really fun trip.  SO, instead of going somewhere fun for dinner, we just picked up Chick-fil-A (our first bad experience at Chick-fil-A) and relaxed as a family.  We got some tylenol and benadryl in him and he was much better!  After dinner, we took them to look around Downtown Disney.  They had so much fun seeing the lego store and all of the Mickey Mouse stuff!  Their favorite was Goofy Candy Company.  We bought them each a little tin of candy and then headed back to crash for the night.
With Woody at Downtown Disey!  They LOVED all of the statues made of Legos!  

No comments: