Well...being sleep deprived and busy taking care of Calder, I missed a few days this week so I'll just do a big catch up of the past few days here!
Calder has his ups and downs. He hasn't been in a lot of pain because we haven't missed any medicine. Still taking it every 4 hours, round the clock. He is VERY grumpy from lack of sleep, has horrible breath (which will last until his scabs fall off), is very tired of taking his medicine (it doesn't taste very well), is fighting us on drinking his drinks (we're having to play games and even drive to the hospital to get him to drink--which is VERY important!) BUT, he is still smiling a lot and loving to be snuggly. He's begging for "real" food, which he cannot have until next Friday because they said two weeks of soft foods. Even though he's not sleeping much, talking all the time and not being his happy little self, he is still hilarious, precious and sweet and we're loving this time at home to recover!!!
He still hasn't had any ice cream to eat, no jello, only a few bites of pudding. He's been surviving on ice cream sandwiches and yogurt and only wanting to drink sweet tea and grape kool-aid!
Here are a few pictures from the past few days!
resting on the sofa!
Showing me his throat!
Smile!!!
You can look at him and tell he doesn't feel well :(
We decided to get out of the house and went to the mall, lunch at chick-fil-a (where he ate some soup!) and took Mommy to the orthodontist!
Calder and Bates!
Daddy and Bates - I love that he looks chubby here because he isn't chubby at all!
Caden and Bates snuggling on the couch!
Caden LOVES being a big brother and Bates LOVES Caden!
All three boys on Saturday morning!
While I've been home for a week, I decided to make the boys some shirts for summer! I'm SO glad to mark this off my list because now I won't have to rush to do it later!
Bates' shirts!
Calder's shirts!
Cass had Parent's Night Out on Friday night so I stayed home with Calder and Bates. (hand, foot and mouth is going around big time and a few kids at church have it so I was not about to send Bates to the nursery!) Mimi was still here so she hung out with us, too! Cass and Caden got home around 10:30 and I was setting the dining room up for Easter (yes, I like to enjoy holidays for as long as I can and it feels SOOOO nice to have some Spring colors in our home!) When Cass got home, he wasn't feeling great and I told him to go to bed...which he didn't because he wanted to help with the table. Well, a little bit later, he had a 102 fever and was freezing cold and shivering. This went on all night (with Calder sleeping with us, to) and when we got up, his throat was really sore. Our dr. has a walk in clinic on Saturday mornings so I talked him into going. As soon as the dr. came in, he said his strep test was positive! At least that was an easy diagnosis. He opted for two shots and a z-pack. The shots REALLY hurt and he almost passed out! (I get really nervous when he passes out). I asked the nurse for some sprite and he rested for a little bit then was good to go!
That morning, I entered to win two tickets to a kitchen show here in town and I checked to see if I won and I did!!! I was SO excited because I don't ever win anything! Although he didn't feel great, Cass wanted to go. SO, we got the boys ready and headed to pick up the tickets and visit the kitchens! Most of them were really nice and it was fun to see the renovations...a couple were a true waste of time. BUT, they had caterers at each house and we had some tasty snacks!
cupcake from one of the houses!
Then, Saturday night, we had rotisserie chicken, broccoli and creamed corn for dinner and Caden decided he wanted to make dessert! He made a triple strawberry cake and did it almost all by himself! We were so proud of him and he had so much fun!
using the hand mixer!
No comments:
Post a Comment