I was little nervous about today because people kept saying that day three was the worst. It really wasn't all the different. He slept better last night and still hasn't had much pain. He is still VERY talkative and active. He's been a little more moody and hard to be around but we know it's just the medicine. He told us that the surgery didn't work because he keeps getting out of his bed! Haha...I guess he thought it would be instant! He has still been drinking a lot but all he will drink is sweet tea and grape kool-aid. I am mixing his pain medicine with very strong kool-aid so that he will take it and it's working great! We've been playing games to get him to drink like counting to ten and drinks the whole time, rolling a ball and he had to take a big sip when he gets the ball, walking around the block with him in his car and he has to have his cup empty by the time we get back, etc... It's working! AND, he is so cute when he drinks!
We had the Preschool Leadership Breakfast at church this morning. I made cinnamon rolls and breakfast casseroles, poppyseed cake and fruit and we picked up Panera bagels. I went with Cass to get it all cooked and set up and then headed back home to take care of Calder. He didn't want us to leave but he had Mimi there to take care of him.
We got him out of the house to go to McAlister's for dinner and he was soooo happy to be out of the house! He really wanted nacho's but can't have the chips. It's so hard to explain to him why he can't eat! He wants ham and other real food SOOOO bad but he is doing well at eating soft foods. He ate a little bit of Caden's deli meat there and LOVED it so we headed to Publix to buy him some turkey on our way home!
Little Bit at McAlisters!
Leadership Breakfast!
I made a cookie dessert with the boys tonight. They had fun making it! All you do it dip chocolate chip cookies in milk and layer the dipped cookies with cool whip in a dish and put it in the refrigerator! It is soft and yummy!
Calder wanted us to buy him a kitchen to play with while he was resting and we didn't so Cass found a box at Publix and made him a "kitchen on a budget: really quick when we got back! SO thankful that he is so talented.
When I got home from church, I put them all on the sofa to watch some Mickey Mouse!
You can tell in Calder's eyes that his medicine has him a little loopy :)
SO thankful for several days of great recovery so far!!!
SO thankful for several days of great recovery so far!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment