Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 4 at Disney World (February 5)

Oops!  I think these pictures go to last night but somehow ended up on today!
Caden really thought he could get the sword out!  Too cute!
Trying SOOOO hard!

Calder's turn to try!
He was SOOOOO excited he could ride by himself!  We all get sick if we spin around fast and he LOVES it so this way, he can go as fast as he wants to!!!
Daddy and Calder in the teacup!

Driving the cars!!!
Daddy and Calder!  SO cute!

OK...so Day 4 we started out the day at Animal Kingdom. Caden wanted to ride a few of the rides we missed, they wanted to play on the playground and Calder wanted to see the characters.  We rode the bus over and then decided to go in different ways.  I took the little two and Cass took Caden.  We decided we would meet up in DinoLand.  Well, about 15 minutes after we split up, I looked down and saw that Bates was eating the map to Animal Kingdom!  There was a large chunk missing so I stuck my hand down his throat and got it out...which came with lots of strawberry milk throw up all over me, him, the stoller, etc...  Calder immediately jumped up and started gagging (he doesn't handle that stuff well) and I went to grab a wipe and then remembered that they were in the backpack that Cass was wearing!  SO, I called him and they came and met us to get everyone cleaned up!  GROSS!!

All three of our precious boys :)
We were waiting to see the characters at the Animal Kingdom and Calder wanted me to take his picture :)  So sweet!

Calder and Mickey
Calder, Mommy, Bates and Mickey
Calder hugging Goofy!
This lady was on stilts and covered in leaves and Calder thought it was SOOOOO funny!  He walked right up to her and started trying to touch her!

I took Calder and Bates on the dinosaurs while Cass and Caden went on a scary dinosaur ride!
Bates riding the dinosaur ride!
Bates and Daddy!
Playing in the dinosaur climbing area!  They LOVED this!  One of their favorite things!
Slide!
Calder came down really fast!
Waiting on Daddy to buy a turkey leg!

We saw people walking around all over the place with turkey legs.  To be honest, they looked disgusting!  I ate one in college a long time ago when we took a trip to Texas to the rodeo and I remembered that they were not terrible.  We had more meal plan credits than we were going to be able to use and we were all getting hungry so we decided to get one to try as a snack.  I must admit, I did not think it was very delicious but Caden and Calder LOVED it!  They thought it was hilarious to be eating it and they were chowing down!  Too funny!

Here it is!
Trying the first bite...not his favorite but he thought it was pretty good.
We ended up throwing it away on our way out of the park but it was a fun little snack before lunch!

We left Animal Kingdom and headed to Epcot!  Caden really wanted to ride test track and I wanted to walk through the countries.  We got to Epcot and ate lunch at a quick service place in Mexico.  I must say, we loved the nachos (chips with beef, cheese, beans (we left them off), sour cream and pico de gallo) but the tacos were NOT good!  I think I have decided that I am very happy that we have Americanized Mexican food here!  The authentic stuff is not very good to me.  We tried it at a place in Birmingham a while back and did not like it there, either.  SO, I think we'll stick to chips and salsa if we are unsure in the future :)  They had little churros with a caramel dipping sauce for dessert and the sauce was SOOOOOOOOO good!  I would definitely recommend the nachos and sauce but nothing else!

Mimi and Poppy met us after lunch and took the big two for a little while and Cass, Bates and I went walking around.  
We found Donald Duck before we split ways!



We spent a while in Epcot that afternoon.  Rode several of the rides there and walked around.  When we were getting off Figment, Caden said he couldn't walk anymore.  We looked down and his sandal had fallen apart!  I was thinking, "we are going to have to spend a fortune to buy a pair of Mickey shoes!".  We started walking around and found some 35 dollar crocs and decided to keep on looking.  We finally found a little pair of ten dollar mickey flip flops, purchased them and headed to dinner!

We had to ride the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom and get on a boat to get to dinner.  I love how efficient the transportation is at Disney.  We hardly ever had to wait on a monorail, boat, bus, etc...  I loved that!  The boat took us to the Wilderness Lodge so we could eat at Whispering Canyon Cafe!  They had lincon logs to play with while we waited and that made the boys very happy!!!
Playing while we wait on our table!

This was a fun place to eat!  With the dining plan you could get whatever you wanted to drink (which included bottomless milkshakes), a meal and a dessert!  The boys were having a blast with their milkshakes!
Then, they called all of the kids up for a stick horse race!!!  Our boys play with stick horses all the time at home so this was super fun to them!  They hopped on their horses and took off!

Caden riding his horse with his new flip flops :)
Bates was just hungry...as usual...and ready to eat some food!
It's fun at this restaurant because if you ask for ketchup, they bring you a TON!!!  People empty their tables and bring it all to you!  They also bring a HUGE glass of whatever you drink if you ask for a large glass, etc...  It's really fun.  Can you tell how funny Caden thought it was?  He was CRACKING UP!!!

Cass ordered a steak with fries and veggies!
I ordered the Canyon Skillet which was bbq, ribs, pork, brisket, chicken, mashed potatoes, baked beans and corn on the cob.  The bbq was fantastic!  If I went back, I would just order a bbq sandwich or split this with our whole family!  It was HUGE!!
Cass got build your own s'mores for dessert!  It came with chocolate, graham crackers and ice cream with marshmallows on top!  SO fun!
Calder had cheesecake for dessert :)
AND, their gifts for that night were disney cameras for the big boys and a bowl for Bates!

After dinner it was raining so we hopped on a bus and headed back to the room.  The Magic Kingdom was open until 1 a.m. so we planned to go back there!  We took the boys back so we could lay Bates down (Mimi and Poppy were staying with him) and Calder decided he wanted to stay, too.  They were still a little under the weather, too, so we thought this was a good idea.  We got Bates undressed and he was coughing a lot.  Cass handed him to me and he threw up ALL OVER ME!!!  It was disgusting.  We had to call the front desk and have them come clean the carpet.  Of course, he was smiling away acting like nothing ever happened.  We got all three boys bathed and in bed (Caden decided to stay, too) and we headed back out!  It was AWESOME using the Magic Hours because NOBODY was there!  We could ride anything that was open and walk right on and ride as many times as we wanted!  We got Dole Whips for a midnight snack, rode a few more things and then headed back.  While we were gone, Calder ended up throwing up, too.  Guess their drainage got to them.  I'm thankful it wasn't a bug!  I was paranoid for a few days :)

It was so fun having a date night at the Magic Kingdom!!!

No comments: