Today was NOT FUN! Calder has been in so much pain and has been crying on and off all day. It is pitiful and I feel helpless. There is nothing worse than seeing your child in so much pain and not being able to do anything about it. I wish I could take the pain for him. I would much rather hurt than see him hurt. I know that he will get better but I just thought that by now he would be back to normal!
Caden had school today and when we picked him up we ran by Publix and came home. The boys all took naps and I sat down and tried to slow my mind because the whining and fussing was getting to me and making me feel stressed. I read some of my favorite blogs and caught up on facebook!
I had a baby shower tonight for our friend Audrey. Her husband is on staff at our church and they are in the process of adopting their 4th child! He is due at the beginning of April and they had a staff wife dinner for her! I always enjoy going to baby showers and is was fun to celebrate Christophers arrival! Be praying for the birth mother in the next few weeks and for Audrey's family as they prepare to welcome baby number 4!!! We had yummy chicken with white sauce and hashbrown casserole for dinner with some chocolate caramel pecan bars for dessert. Yummy! Great food, fun and fellowship!
When I got in my car to leave, I checked my phone and had a text that said, "Nene in labor!:"
This was something I have been waiting for. You see, after the tornado this past April, our church has been helping place families that lost their homes (mainly one of the government housing areas) and through all of that we were connected with a lady named Robbie that was pregnant. When she was filling out her form she mentioned to the housing authority lady that she was pregnant but going to have an abortion. They told some people at our church and they had me and Cass go talk to her when we moved her into her new apartment.(the custodian at the church had been in this same boat a couple of years ago and we had a hard talk with her and she ended up with a beautiful baby girl!) We planned for someone to watch the boys and when we arrived at the home, she wasn't there. She had sent her cousin to let us in with the stuff. I just KNEW that we NEEDED to talk to her...that day. I called her from her cousins phone and asked when she would be back. We took a crib, baby toys, diapers, etc... and sat them all out so she would have to look at them every day. She already had an 8 year old little girl so we ran to Toys R Us to buy some toys for her then came back to deliver them. When we returned, she was there!!! She kept spitting in a cup and was obviously not feeling well. I asked her if she was pregnant and she quickly said, "yes but I'm having an abortion.". Just as matter of fact as that. In our conversation I had never heard someone talk about abortion the way that she was. She had already had a couple so it wasn't a big deal to her. I talked to her about how she was given a chance and this baby deserved a chance, too! I also talked to her about the option of adoption and it appeared that that had never been an option! What is sad is that in their culture, it is more acceptable to have an abortion than put your child up for adoption. We went back and got he boys and spent the afternoon hanging out in her house and the boys played with some of the children there.
She chose to have her baby and we got her in touch with a GREAT OB (the best, in our opinion) and he was so generous to her. She was very sick at first and we took her to get medicine (which she didn't know existed) to help her not be as sick.
Since that week, we have been investing in her and her daughter. We call her, she calls us, we take her things, check on her and love on her. She considers us friends and said she has never had anyone be this nice to her.
What I have learned from this is to not be afraid to talk to the people that God places in your path. If you don't take the opportunity to speak truth into their life, He will use someone else to do it. LOOK for ways to show HIS love to EVERYONE you come in contact with. In the line at the grocery store, sitting at the table next to you at dinner, at the gas station, Target, your neighbors, friends, etc.. Sometimes God will use a very awkward conversation to bring others to Him, or to save a life, or create a HUGE change in someones life. I think we often miss opportunities that are right in front of us!
SO, when I got that text (and had a missed call from NeNe - they call her that instead of Robbie), I headed STRAIGHT to the hospital...at 9:45 p.m. I was WAY outside of my comfort zone but knew that I needed to be there. That she needed to know that we were supporting her. I walked right down to room 13 and knocked on the door but they said to come back in 15 minutes (she was getting her epidural). I walked down to the lobby and heard my name. Her friends were there waiting, too! When I finally got in there to see her, she was asleep so I just talked to her mom and friends and said I would be back tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment