Thursday, March 1, 2012

Leap Day!!

AND

When I got up today, I texted her and found out that Ty'Keithian Darnell was born at 4 something this morning!  He was 5 lbs. and 18 inches long!  I couldn't WAIT to go see him!  I headed out to buy her a few little things (she wasn't due until March 18 so he was early) and tried hard to make it to the hospital that morning.  

Calder wasn't feeling well, still, so I called the dr. and they said it was NOT normal to still be hurting this far out and it was even more rare for the pain to not be bad and then all of a sudden be bad at the very end.  SO, they made us an appointment for 1:00.  Cass wanted to go to the hospital with us so I ran to pick Caden up from school, pick up Zaxby's for NeNe then we met Cass at the hospital!

When we walked in, this is what we saw...
This precious little baby!!!  Isn't he sweet!  He is so tiny and is doing great!  He is a leap day baby and the first one born so he'll be on the news!

When we left the hospital, we headed to pick up a bbq sandwich from Archibald's for lunch then to the dr. for Calder.  He was just NOT feeling well.  I took him in and Cass watched Caden and Bates in the car.  The dr. said he just needs to drink even more and we can let him try to eat whatever he wants.  It doesn't usually take this long to heal but he could still see some raw spots back there and so it could be a while longer before he is back to normal.  We were thankful for a semi-good report and headed home for more pain medicine and naps.  

After naps, we headed to church then back home and had sourdough french toast for dinner.  Calder cried the whole time and didn't eat anything.  Praying he feels MUCH better soon!



No comments: