When I was in college, my parents would have King Cake's sent to me from New Orleans around Mardi Gras time. We aren't fans of Mardi Gras but I tried one once and fell in love with them and it's a super treat. They had one delivered to us this year and it was DELICIOUS! Best one we've ever had and the boys thought it was so much fun. It came with beads, a cup and some colorful coins!
Today there was a lot of bad weather predicted for pretty much the Eastern part of the United States. After seeing tornado damage first hand every day, we don't take these things lightly. I took Caden and our neighbor to school today and when we arrived they said they were closing an hour early because of weather. I came back home and picked up Cass, Calder and Bates and we headed back out to pick up Caden and run a few quick errands.
We came home and the boys took naps then we headed to the church to wait out the weather. The bottom floor of our church is under ground and then there is even a basement below that! It think it is the safest place you could be in Tuscaloosa! We took toys and the big boys bikes and some movies to pass the time.
Watching a movie!
Bates looks SOOOO big!
Calder
Caden must be really into the movie!
Cass got the horse out for Bates to ride on!
And found little horses for the big boys!
I ran to Publix to get chicken fingers and potato wedges for dinner and we had a little picnic at the church. They rode their bikes around for a LONG time and around 9 we decided we were good to go home. I think we drove home in the worst of the weather and when we were pulling in the neighborhood Caden called us and I looked back and he had his hands over his face and he said, "Mommy and Daddy, I am really scared". Poor guy. It was SCARY and they do not like storms.
SO glad we made it home safely and that nothing hit Tuscaloosa. We are praying for all of the areas that were hit and for the families where lives were lost. They said over 90 tornadoes touched down...the largest outbreak on record! SCARY!
No comments:
Post a Comment