I CANNOT believe it is already MARCH!!!
March is one of my favorite months. I love that it starts getting warmer and things start to bloom. My birthday is in March and I LOVE birthday's! I love that we still have some cool days and even an occasional snow. I have a lot more reasons I love March but I will stop :)
Calder woke up feeling MUCH better today! Last night was the first night in 2 weeks that we have slept ALL NIGHT and it felt GREAT! I set his medicine out, all measured and ready to go, before we went to sleep. I had his super strong kool-aid right next to it ready to mix up but we both slept through the alarm and we're glad we did! He didn't even need it! I actually made Caden go wake him up this morning because I was nervous to go check on him! (you know, it's like when you have a newborn and they sleep through the night for the first time and you are terrified they have stopped breathing) Everyone may not do that but I sure do! I will admit, I was worried about him because he had not made a trip to our room last night and it was almost 8 a.m. and we still had not seen him (that is really late for him). Well, he was great! And pain-free!
I got Caden dressed for school, wrapped two birthday gifts and got dinner going all before Cass and Caden left for school! Calder, Bates and I watched Mickey Mouse and ate breakfast then Bates went back to sleep. I got a shower and half way through, Calder walked in with a glass bowl full of SPRINKLES! (the tiny little colorful ones) and he was DRINKING them out of the bowl. CRAZY! I told him we don't eat sprinkles and he said he was really hungry and they sounded good. I assured him that sprinkles would NOT fill him up and so he emptied them back in the bottle (which I will be throwing away). We all got ready and I headed to the dr. for a little blood work.
Cass picked Caden up and took him to a birthday party at McDonalds. He is 5 1/2 and this was his first trip to McDonalds. He was really excited about the party and has been talking about it forever. He had a blast! After the party, Cass dropped him off at Hobby Lobby with me and then headed back to work. By this point, Calder was having meltdowns about not feeling very good. I just smiled at Cass, waved and pulled off with a little boy crying in the back seat.
We got home and it was nap time!!! Bates went right to sleep. I got on the phone with Sommer and told the boys to get in their beds and go right to sleep. Gave hugs and kisses and thought they were snoozing. Well, a little while later, I heard noise in the kitchen so I went in there. Calder took off to his room but the cabinets we keep bowls in were open. I proceeded to their room where Caden was standing with his shirt completely unbuttoned, standing on his bed doing a word search on top of his dresser. When I inquired about the noise in the kitchen Calder said that Caden had sent him to get a bowl. They had cookie mix and icing in there and were planning to MAKE COOKIES in Caden's bed during nap time! CRAZY!!!! (but I did have to laugh inside that they thought they could get away with it) They FINALLY went to sleep (after I made a few trips in their room) and I was able to get dinner ready.
We took dinner to two families tonight and when we got home Bates was a hungry, hungry boy. Oh, I forgot, earlier I saw drainage coming out of Bates ear and called the dr. so we have to clean his ear out then put drops in 4 times a day now. I am thankful his tubes are working, though! Bates cleared his plate and Calder ate more than he's been eating lately. We had watermelon with our dinner and Caden, out of the blue, asked, "Does watermelon come from a pig or a chicken?". He did end up answering that it grows on a vine once he really thought about it but it made us laugh!
Bath time after dinner, some dancing in the den and then we made cookies (Bates was sleeping) and they were so excited to decorate them! I also made spaghetti sauce for the weekend, taco meat for tomorrow and three loaves of banana bread. Productive day. Now, I'm ready to crash!
Praying the storms tomorrow are not bad. They all make me nervous now!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment