Tuesday, March 27, 2012

March 27

This morning Cass met Harvey (he does every Tuesday) and I was getting the boys and myself ready for school.  I was flat ironing my hair and Caden ran in and said, "Mommy, I need to tell you something really important that you are not going to want to hear.  Calder just got Bates out of his high chair."  I had Cass on speaker phone and I left him sitting on the bathroom counter and ran into the den (where Bates was eating froot loops when I left him) and saw the high chair laying back with NO BABY IN IT  and I didn't see him or hear any crying.  My heart sank.  I had so many thoughts going through my head and then I saw him, staring up at me, smiling, crawling around the floor!  I DID raise my voice and tell Calder to go sit on his bed and I think I almost had a heart attack!  I still cannot figure out how he got him out without hurting him but that is by far the worst thing that has happened at our house since I delivered Caden.  He knew he was in trouble and he didn't say much most of the morning.  Cass had a talk with him when he got home (I talked to him pretty much all day about it) and I do not think he will be touching the high chair again.  I am just SOOOOOO thankful that Bates is ok.  God protected my little baby this morning and I am thankful for that!  I went back to Cass and he said he could hear me yelling :)  Not good but I didn't know what else to do!
We headed to school, late, then went to Target and Home Depot.  We ran into friends there so it made it more fun! 

After we picked Caden up, we stopped by Publix.  As I was checking out the girl says, "I bet you sleep really good at night!" (on a side note, the boys were being very well behaved so I don't really know where this came from)  I'm sure that was her nice way of saying that I have "my hands full" with three little boys (which I hear almost every time I take my children anywhere).  What she doesn't know is how BLESSED I feel to have each of my children.  That 6 years ago, I had 4 doctors tell me that I may never have children.  That I have lost 4 babies to miscarriages and know what it feels like to lose a child.  I am truly THANKFUL for each day I have to be with my kids.  They are such a bright spot in my day and I don't understand why people seem to view having more than two children as something that is crazy!  Yes, I have crazy days.  Yes, I have children that do not always listen and obey the first time they are asked. Yes, I want to pull my hair out some days BUT, I do NOT feel like my hands are full.  In fact, I hope and pray that my hands are always open to any children that God places in our home.  It could be another child of our own, an adopted child, foster children or even the friends of our children that are just hanging out in our home.  I am thankful for God's gift of life and will never consider ANY child part of having my "hands full".  If they were full I would not have room to open them up for others....and I definitely don't want to miss that opportunity!

Caden went to the library with Cass on Monday and picked out a few books and movies on penguins to learn about this week.  He watched one of his penguin movies today during rest time and I was cracking up inside watching him tell me about it.  It was SO cute that I wish I had a video!  He is so expressive and I love it!  He is a smart little boy!
Cass came home and we headed to 50's night at Chick-fil-A!  I think Calder could eat every single meal there!  They were SO excited when the cow came out for a visit!

Big boys and the cow with their guitars and 50's glasses!  

After dinner we headed to Sam's to pick up a few things to take people dinner and for a baby shower then headed home.  

Time to crash so we can get up ready for tomorrow!!!

No comments: