Tuesday, March 27, 2012

March 17 - My 32nd Birthday!

Today is St. Patrick's Day and it is also my 32nd birthday!!!  I have loved birthday's since I was a little girl.  I don't know what it is about it but I'm always so excited to celebrate my birthday and the birthday's of all of my friends and family.  We always had green grits and waffles for my birthday breakfast but a few years ago I decided that wasn't necessary AND that since it's my birthday, I don't have to wear green...and no pinching for me!

Today was also Cadens' first t-ball practice, which he was SUPER EXCITED about!  He has been looking forward to t-ball for months (almost a year) and it is so fun to watch him get so in to it.  We LOVE the little league he is playing with because there are only 5 kids on a team, they don't keep score and it is designed to teach them how to play the game.  I think it is a great introduction to t-ball!

(NOTE:  I danced my whole life and am NOT a very good sports mom, yet!  I have a lot to learn but it is going to be lots of fun!  I'm sure I have several sports to learn about and MANY years to enjoy watching my boys play!!!)

We started off the day with breakfast at Panera!  It was fun and everyone loves eating there!  Cass, Caden and I got cinnamon crunch bagels and the little two had pumpkin muffies (the little muffin toppers)!  I think Calder could have eaten everyone's breakfast!  He kept sneaking bites off everyone's plates!  So cute and so Calder!
Caden before he started his first practice!!
Cutie!
Cass is his coach!  All of the dad's working with the kids!
Bates loved watching from the fence!
Calder was thankful Mrs. Carrie came prepared!  She had toys and books and bubbles and a blanket to sit on!
Bates watching!  I LOVE a baby in a bubble!  I could eat him up!!
Calder helping Bates figure it out!

Cass showing them what to do next!  (take the ball off the shelf)
Caden is a lefty!  Love how cute he looks out there!
He LOVES it!
I LOVE THIS!!
Taking a BIG step!  He is all about this!

Cass!
Ready for it to be over...he did not want to play.  He wants to wait for soccer!
Sweet Ryder looking at a book!
Tessa and Calder!
Bates all strapped in!
My birthday cake!!!  Cass made it ALL BY HIMSELF!  With NO help!  It was three layers of white cake with fresh strawberries between each layer with cream cheese icing!  It was DELICIOUS!  When we got married he did not have any idea how to cook (we will definitely make sure our boys know!) and now he can cook ANYTHING!  I love it...and love that it's something we can do together!
The boys and Cass made me some special gifts, my favorite!  They painted picture frames and one has all three boys hand prints on green paper and the other has "I love you because..." and they can fill in the blank with a dry erase marker to leave for me!  They gave me pajama pants and a pair of capris, too, and I"m going shoe shopping for some wedges!
Eating his "muffie" at Panera!
My picture of their hands...so special!
I had this little hat when I was a kid (since 1985) and they love wearing it each year!  His name is Beanie O'Greenie!  How funny!  They wore it at Outback for dinner!

We went to lunch at Zoe's and ate outside.  It was a beautiful day and lots of fun!  Then, we came home and ALL took naps then got ready for dinner!  They took me to Outback for dinner and we had fun laughing and hanging out.  Then home for birthday cake!  I LOVE my precious little family and how they make me feel special!

I pray that God would remain the focus of my life this year and that I would be obedient to ALL that He calls me to and acknowledge ALL of the little blessings he puts in my life each day!  I am thankful to have been given another year!  I pray that I live it to the fullest!

No comments: