Last year, we found out about a lady named Coach Anne that teaches swim lessons. At that time, Caden was terrified of the water. He wouldn't jump in or go under. By the end of the week, he jumped off the diving board and swam across the pool.
This summer, I signed Caden up for a refresher and Calder was old enough to take lessons, too! She teaches at her house which is about 30 miles north of our house! People drive an hour or more for her to teach their kids to swim. Both boys did great! On Friday, we went to a friends house to swim. We were about to leave and Calder had already dried off for the night but then snuck back into the pool and almost drowned. Caden saw him under water trying to get back to the stairs and yelled for us and probably saved his life. SOOOO scary for us but for him...he went and immediately ate 3 pieces of pizza like nothing ever happened! I will NOT let him be by a pool without a flotation device on anymore. I think he learned his lesson, though. I am not over it yet!
Waiting on swim lessons to start!
Coach Anne talking to all of the kids!
Waiting for their turn!
Caden going to get his ring!
Calders turn to blow bubbles!
Diving board on Friday!!!
Caden jumped by himself but Calder needed help from Coach Vivian!
Swimming to the ladder! Way to go, Caden!
No comments:
Post a Comment