Happy Father's Day, Cass!!!
I went on my first ever girls trip (and took Bates) to Natchez, Mississippi this weekend to a Kelly's Kids Warehouse sale. Everything was 5.99 and it was crazy but lots of fun. I got lots of great deals and had fun visiting with the girls we went with! I did feel bad leaving Cass and the boys behind at home, though. It's just not really our thing to do guys trips and girls trips. We just love being together all the time. I know that sounds crazy to most people but hey, it's just who we are and it works for us! I am super excited about all our little finds.
Cass and the boys had a guys night and met another dad and his two boys for dinner then went to some guy stores. The next morning they did Waffle House for breakfast (where a man walked in bleeding that had accidentally shot himself in the parking lot) but didn't finish their breakfast before they were asked to leave because it was a crime scene now. Then they went to Calder's make-up swim lesson and spent the rest of the day at home playing.
As soon as I got home from my trip, we hopped in the car and headed to Outback for a pre-father's day dinner! We tend to go there for lots of holidays and celebrations and Caden really wanted to take Cass there this weekend. Today we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast, Cass preached all three services, Iguana Grill for lunch and hamburgers, grilled corn and grilled sweet potato packets for dinner. It was just fun to all be together today..which is what Cass loves the most!
I am SO grateful that our boys have a WONDERFUL dad! I'm thankful that they have a loving, kind, compassionate, fun, playful, giving, servant-hearted, Christ-like Dad! I'm thankful that they have a great example of how to be a Godly husband and father one day. I'm thankful that they have a dad that knows the importance of Dad's investing in their spouse and children who isn't too busy to stop and take time for them. I'm thankful for the sacrifices Cass has made for our family and the integrity to always to what is right...even if it means taking a step of faith that looks crazy to everyone on the outside. I'm thankful that they have a Daddy that reads the Bible with them and prays with them every day. I could go on and on but I can't imagine life without Cass and I'm thankful that because of him, we have three precious little boys! Happy Father's Day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment