Monday, June 28, 2010

Preschool VBS 2010 (in backwards order)

We had a FUN week at Preschool VBS this year! The theme was Saddle Ridge Ranch and the kids LOVED it! It was a great week full of bible stories, songs, missions, crafts, music, recreation and fun with friends!

Calder in his class! He made some cute crafts and had lots of fun!

Caden during large group the last day!
Cass doing large group!
Caden making a craft on Friday! A cactus magnet!

Pony rides at family night! They were a big hit! The kids ALL loved them! (I'm glad becaue it took LOTS of phone calls to track down a reasonably priced person to do it!)
Yes, I got on the ponies with the boys! Ifigured the baby would want to ride, too!
Petting his pony while he rides! He LOVES horses!
Calder didn't like it the first 5 seconds then had a blast! Lynnlee stayed by him the whole time! Thanks, Lynnlee!


Calder was scared of the slide, too, but Lynnlee helped, again! He LOVED it!
Caden going down the slide...his favorite!
Mimi came on Wednesday to help with the boys in the afternoons! She had to leave Friday morning because Poppy got sick (swelling around his brain from his gamma knife surgery) and he's still recovering. He's not able to remember much! Mimi and Calder in the big program!
Caden singing at family night! He was doing a great job!
Love this little guy!

Cass at family night

The preschoolers getting ready to sing for family night!
Our happy boy!
Wondering when the program will be over! (Mommy was, too, it was WAY TOO long...but out of Cass's control...he knew that before it started but couldn't convince the other guy...so all you preschool parents that have complained....he tried his best!)
Calder eating at family night!
Mimi trying to hold Calder down...he's a hard one to keep up with!
We ordered two sheet cakes from Sam's and put the logo from the shirts on the cake! Every bite was gone from both cakes!
Chips...we kept it casual because of the theme!
Mimi made the beans...I was exhausted and almost said NO BEANS but she made them anyway!
The sauce! Regular BBQ sauce and White BBQ sauce!
The bbq! We got 8 smoked boston butts from the Pigg Shack and I just shredded them. It was half price to shred yourself! I was going to make them all but decided I was too tired so we just ordered them! EVERY bite was gone! We were planning for about 150 and about 250 showed up! We had just enough food, though! 4 hamburger buns left when everyone was finished eating!

The tables!

I made these for one of the volunteer gifts. We try to give them a gift each day and this was the mid-week gift! It was a lot of work but everyone seemed to enjoy their new cups!
All of them ready to go to the church!
Caden in missions one morning!
He's nervous...that's what fingers in the mouth means!

Caden in recreation one day!
Playing with Addie Gail in his class!
Missions---the puppets told the bible story and the kids loved it!
I may be a bit partial but I think the stage looks GREAT! AND...I have a SUPER TALENTED husband!
Cass cut this from foam board (free hand) then free hand painted the scene to look like Mustang Mountain! See the horse at the top of the mountain! Unbelieveable to me! God has definitely given him an artistic gift!
He also made the wagon! Some other guys helped frame the wood inside and we found the wheels at Big Lots but the outside is painted foam board burned with a wood burning tool from Hobby Lobby! GREAT JOB, CASS!!!

The hospitality room (not finished yet)
Another table in the hospitality room...
Hospitality room for teachers to get a break! I was in charge of this room and made the food each day! I think they enjoy having place to come relax!
4K room!
4K room
3K
3K room
3K room
2K
2K room
Hallway decoration!

Baby area for workers kids (under 2)
hallway
hall decoration

Cass built these out of gutters and foam board, too! GREAT job! The kids loved sitting on the saddle for pictures!


No comments: