SO...we've only had family birthday parties before and I usually make the cake. This year, we're having a joint party for the boys on July 9 and I wanted the cake to look a certain way. I went to get estimates...the first place $149 plus tax....the second place $312 plus tax (CRAZY) and the third place $189 plus tax. NO THANK YOU! This is for a 2 and 4 year old party! Cass said he would try to make it so I made two box cakes for him to practice with (I didn't level them since it was just a practice cake so that's why it's leaning). I think he did a great job! Can't wait to see the real thing next week!
**two side stories about the boys**
I took Calder to the grocery store to buy the butter (we were out somehow) and the whole time we were there, all he would say was "I want that, I want that, I want that, I want that..." and point to everything we walked by. Cute...but it got old :) Sure do love my boys!
A couple of weeks ago, we got Caden's booster seat back out for the table. He's been wandering during dinner time instead of eating and it takes him about an hour and a half to eat! Ever since we got it back out he has cleaned his plate! We asked him why and he said, "It's my magic seat!" Wish we had known this magic seat existed a while back! However, Sunday we were eating lunch and he didn't want what we were having. He looked at his plate, then back at us, the he said, "I don't think the magic seat is going to work for this!". It was all we could do to not crack up! He ended up eating it but he didn't want to :)

Getting started covering with a basic buttercream frosting!

He divided it into thirds to practice each section!

Looking good!(keep in mind that he's NEVER decorated a cake before!)


The finished sample (the yellow icing was too runny and the stripes are opposite but that was the first section!)

The finished cake will look like these boxes!
No comments:
Post a Comment