Saturday, July 10, 2010
Caden and Calder's Birthday Party!!!
Until this year we have only had family birthday parties for the boys. I decided it was time to have a real party for Caden and since they are 11 days a part, I just did a joint party! I had a lot of fun planning it and they had a great time at the party! We had it on a Friday night and invited the whole families to join us!
The boys helping get everything set up that morning! They were trying out the clown noses!

Their cake! I had three estimates to have it made (149, 312 and 189 plus tax) so we decided to just go for it and make it ourselves! I had a girls night out and am not super artistic (although I've made all the other birthday cakes and cupcakes so far) so I made the cake layers and icing and had it all colored for Cass to decorate while I was gone! I think he did a SUPER job AND this is the first cake he's ever decorated! The top layer was chocolate, the middle strawberry and the bottom plain white cake all with buttercream frosting! It was yummy and cute!
My friend Courtney (http://www.cococakebites.blogspot.com/) made the popcorn cake bites in the popcorn containers! She is SUPER talented!
We made the birthday banner literally RIGHT before it started! Turned out cute!
Cass and Chris trying to figure out the popcorn machine!
The elephant centerpiece! I found these on clearance at Dillards after Christmas and thought it would make for a very cute birthday party so I've been planning it since then!
The inspiration for the cake!
Another centerpiece!
The gift table!
The birthday boys! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these little guys!
AND...they LOVE each other!
POppy and Calder!
The drink table!
Happy Birthday Boy!
Some of the kids at the kids table eating and playing with clown noses!
Caden deciding what he wanted to eat!
POPCORN!
Addie Gail and Caden!
Caden liked watching the popcorn pop!
Daniel did, too!
Some families eating dinner!


Giraffe centerpiece!

The food table! We had bbq, chick-fil-a nuggets, fruit and chips. I went to pick up the bbq two hours before it started and a big sign said "Closed July 5-12" I couldn't believe it but that's totally how my life goes! SO, we ended up at Full Moon getting bbq last minute!
Calder helping pour the drinks!
Lindsey and Daniel! We were so glad they could come!
Enjoying a cake bite!
Ice cream with sprinkles!
The cake and ice cream!
Loved the sprinkles!

Singing Happy Birthday!
Blowing out the candles!
Eating his cake and ice cream!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment