Saturday, July 10, 2010

Caden's Week of Swim Lessons!!!

SO...I don't check my voicemail box very often...if you leave me a message there is a very good chance I will never listen to it. Bad to say but very true. My phone was dead one Friday and I didn't end up charging it until Monday morning. When Cass is with me, I don't really care if my phone is or not! SO...I was walking around Target around 11 and Caden was at a lake party with Cass and I decided to listen to my voicemail for some reason. On it was a message from a lady I've been trying to get Caden into swim lessons with! She said he could start that day at 2:00!!!! PANIC! I had to get Calder lunch, get home, pick up Caden and get to this lady's home which was about 30 minutes north of ours in Samantha, AL. Now, Caden was TERRIFIED of putting his head under or getting in so I felt it was necessary to get him in swim lessons.

We get there and he literally cried the ENTIRE first hour. It was pitiful. I had tears rolling down my cheeks and just wanted to go scoop him up and take him home. He seems to give up easily so I called Cass and told him and he told me I needed to make him stick it out. He was doing everything the lady asked him to do, in between tears, and went under and jumped in the first day! By Tuesday, his birthday, he was great! Wednesday--cried the first 20 minutes then did great the rest of the week. In fact, she said they would be swimming by Friday and that was TRUE! He jumped in and swam to Coach Anne! We were VERY proud of him! It was worth sweating for an hour each day and driving that far! WAY TO GO, CADEN!!! We're SO proud of you!

Now, Calder will be totally different next summer. He's our little fish and I'm sure he is already looking forward to his swim lessons :)


He kept wanting to read his bible during swim lessons!











No comments: