Sunday, March 1, 2009
Sewing, Fun Family Night and Birthday Party!!!
I started sewing on Saturday afternoon during their naps. Cass was sweet and cleaned up the house so I could sew! What a great husband! I've been wanting to for a while and I had everything out and the fabric was already purchased. I made 9 pairs of shorts for the boys this weekend and I love them all! Here are some of the first pairs. I made both boys each pair and even though I'm just a beginner, it was lots of fun! I can't wait to try some other new things!
Wagon shorts
Grasshopper shorts...Caden chose this fabric!
Both of the boys shorts!
Trying them on before I sewed the elastic! I wanted to make sure they were tight enough!
Saturday night I didn't feel like cooking dinner. We have several restaurant gift cards and we decided to go to Applebee's (not my favorite) to eat dinner! It was at the mall so we walked around, ate dinner, found me some shirts for LESS THAN 5 DOLLARS!!!! (they were like 50-75 to begin with) and then went to Krispy Kreme on our way home!! That is a big treat because we don't go very often! Caden wore his hat the whole way home and waited patiently for me to put his donut on his truck plate (his request) so that he could eat it in the den! He took tiny little bites and made it last for A LONG TIME! He really enjoyed it. Here are some pictures:
Calder had fun watching all of us eat our donuts!
He is getting SO big! Can you believe someone thought he was a girl today? This is what he was wearing and they went on and on about how cute she was and about her being Caden's little sister. I'm always amazed at how many people CAN'T figure it out! I think he looks like a boy!
Donut face!
Giving Mommy kisses with donut all over his mouth!
Look at those teeth and that gap! Cass and I both had gaps in our teeth when we were kids so I'm sure all of our kids will, too! We think it's cute! I'm not sure what kind of face this is!
Playing with Calder and being silly!
Trying to make Calder laugh...which usually works!
Calder and Mommy!
Caden and Mommy playing in the den!
Daddy enjoying his donut! He LOVES them, too!
Having the best snack ever!

Calder's first time on the inflatable slide. He was less than impressed and only went once. I also only let him go down the smallest slide there :)
This was Caden's FAVORTIE thing at The Fun Factory! We never let him pay a quarter and ride and this one was FREE! You could push the stick and it would move up and down. We had to pull him out of it and he has been talking about it since we left!
Caden has always been SO afraid of the giant blow up things! He holds on tightly to Cass's neck and does NOT want to go down any of the slides or jump on any of the blow ups! He was invited to The Fun Factory to his friend, John Barrett's, birthday party! When we got there, he was scared for all of 5 mintues and then took off! He went down all the slides a lot of times and jumped on everything! I'm not sure what made him get over his fear but he had a blast! Fun Factory was not the cleanest or nicest (we wish there was a Monkey Joe's here) but it was great for a one time thing! We can't wait to go to Atlanta so he can go to Monkey Joes and jump away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey!email me- I have a question for you. Thanks-Trisha
docjtwoods@cox.net
Post a Comment