Sunday, September 12, 2010

September Happenings!

We've had a fun September so far! It's been pretty hot with the exception of last weekend and the boys played outside the ENTIRE weekend! Calder stepped in a big fire ant bed and had about 25+ bites on his foot but he handled it well...Caden, on the otherhand, ended up with a few more ant bites and they did what they have previously done. We're hoping the ants are ready to go away for a while and leave Caden alone! They kept him up at night for a few night but they are starting to look better. We enjoyed our Labor Day weekend. Cass took that Thursday off and went to Birmingham with us for the day. I got a call from VA College that they needed people for ultrasounds so I went to see little Bates again! Always love to see him and hear his heartbeat! I need to upload his ultrasound on here from our 20 week one! The boys played at the park while I did that and then we had lunch at Sam's Sandwich Shop in Homewood (great BLT's) before heading to their allergy dr. appt. Then, off to Dr. Whitaker for Caden to have his leg checked out and both boys got their flu shots (the nasal spray kind--I highly recommend--MUCH better than having them stuck!) A few fun stops after that and we got home really late! Since Cass had Sunday night and Monday off, it made for a WONDERFUL long weekend with Daddy home!!!



We're having a great month and I'm doing some school with Caden (which he LOVES). It's so fun to watch him learn and actually get stuff! We've cleaned out every room in our house except ours (which is next) and I think we're ready for Bates! I know with Thanksgiving and Christmas, I don't want getting ready for a new baby to get in the way of the true meaning of Christmas for any of us so I'm trying to have it all ready super early! Cass had been refinishing furniture and he's great at it! Just did a bookshelf for our bedroom which turned out BEAUTIFUL! I'll have to take a picture! We purchased a headboard and coffee table yesterday that he will start on soon! It's SO much less expensive, looks JUST LIKE something we would purchase and he has fun doing it (and I LOVE that he does it because he enjoys it so much!). He is going to make all the wall art for Bates room and I can't wait to see how cute it turns out! He is super talented! I'm 27 weeks and hoping to deliver at 39 so only 12 weeks to go!!!



Friday I had a little surgery on my shoulder. My parents came to watch the boys because we had to be there so early. It wasn't too bad...the worst part was that they couldn't sedate me since I was pregnant! When I got there the nurses said they haven't seen him do that surgery without sedating someone so I was a little nervous :) I got a poinless i.v. (in case something went wrong) and was awake through the whole thing! Worst part was hearing the scissors cut next to my head :) I have to wear the bandage until Tuesday and it's been pretty sore but much better than I was expecting! So glad to have it behind me! AND, the boys have been great to not touch it! When Cass sent this picture to my mom, she showed it to Caden and he wanted to know why I was smiling! I guess he doesn't enjoy the dr. too much...hopefully that will help him next time he has to have something done!

Out for a walk!

A little blurry but Caden wanted me to take their picture the other day and he LOVES it and keeps telling me it's the cutest picture of my boys so I had to share :)


Both boys have previously had reactions to peanuts and Caden, a few years ago, tested positive on a blood test so we have been staying away from ALL nuts! We went a couple of months ago to have them retested and they both passed the stick test and blood test SO we had to go back for a challenge test in the office. They both had to eat a peanut butter cup (best thing to ever happen at the dr.) and wait 20 minutes to see if they reacted. They both PASSED!!!! SO, now we can have nuts again! We took them for their first taste of nuts at Dairy Queen and got a Peanut Butter Chocolate Milkshake for them to share and they LOVED it! Calder loves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but Caden not so much...he said he will stick to peanut butter and chocolate mixed together!

While Mimi and Poppy were here the boys helped him prune our tree and bushes in the front and they took the branches to the street in their weelbarrows! They had a BLAST! Still in their pajamas out helping in the yard!






Caden colored this for me on the phone and emailed it to me....he did another one but it didn't post for some reason :( It was a lot more colorful!

Being silly during their peanut test!

Hard to keep them still and on the table for 20 minutes but thanfully this is a GREAT pediatric dr. with toys and dvds in every room! This room even had a basketball goal!


After the dr., we had dinner at chick-fil-a in the food court at the Galleria and the boys rode the carousel!



Lunch at Northport Diner one day! They love getting ice cream after their meal!

Sneak peek at Bates room!!! The bedding came and the curtains will be ready in the next few weeks! Then we just have to figure out what to put on the wall (we moved the baskets with red liners to the shelf in the background, too!) We have lots of clothes, his carseat and I think we're almost set for his arrival! All we need is a swing!

Last Friday, after eating dinner outside on our porch, we walked over to the high school football game across the street and they were sweet and let us in for free to watch the band! Caden loves to see the drums! The Chick-fil-A cow was there so Caden wanted a picture with him (and because we didn't plan on getting out of the stroller, he didn't wear any shoes!) It made his night!


Homeade Chicken Taco's for dinner! All of us enjoyed them...and eating them outside!

Treat from the ice cream man!

Caden enjoying his, too!


Spiderman and Calder!


1 comment:

Dena said...

Such a cute post and I LOVE Bates room so far!! Sorry to hear about your surgery. Hope it heals quickly!