Monday, August 30, 2010

Meal Idea Monday

I know football season is coming up (this weekend!) and while this isn't a dinner idea, I thought I'd post a dip that I get asked to make over and over (and everyone always wants the recipe!). It sounds a little strange but I promise if you take it somewhere, you will come home with an empty dish! Men and Women both LOVE it! You can easily half it if you won't have a large crowd but believe me, it's good!

Buffalo Chicken Dip

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lbs.)
1 – 12 oz. bottle Frank’s Hot Sauce (I use the wing kind)
2 – 8 oz. packages cream cheese
1 – 16 oz. bottle blue cheese salad dressing (I used the kind from the refrigerated section-Naturally Fresh or Marzetti's)
8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar

Simmer chicken until cooked through – drain and shred. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 13 x 9 baking pan combine the shredded chicken and the hot sauce (the whole bottle) spreading to form an even layer.

In a large sauce pan over medium heat combine the cream cheese and dressing stirring until smooth. Pour mixture over the chicken. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes then spread the shredded cheese over the top and bake for 10 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with tortilla chips (scoops) and/or celery sticks.

1 comment:

AshBash said...

I made it this earlier this week- love it!!