Last Tuesday night at 1 am, Caden woke up crying and saying he spilled applesauce all over his bed (which was NOT applesauce). We weren't sure if he had the stomach bug or if is was the Mexican food he ate for dinner. I slept on the floor in the boys room and he was up until about 7:30 sick :( Poor little guy. He bounced right back, though, and so we figured it wasn't the bug.
Two days later, on Thursday afternoon, Calder was on my lap and ended up sick :( I got us all cleaned up and it ended up being a BAD virus. It was almost time for Cass to come home so I called to see if he could come help! I was trying to keep myslef and Calder cleaned up and it was hard to keep everything else clean where we could walk without help! He ended up getting in a tiny wreck leaving the church then when he got home, he started with the virus himself :( By midnight, all three of us had it and Cass was bad off and needed to go to the hospital. SO, I couldn't drive him...felt like worst wife of the year.
I called our sweet neighbor, Jeni, and she took him at midnight and they almost admitted him. He stayed until about 9 the next morning and our youth pastor, Robert, brought him home. He still didn't feel great but was MUCH better than when he went in. They gave him three medicines to bring home with him. At 5 a.m., Calder woke up FULL OF LIFE and trying to eat candy corn! I was SO sick and by 5:30, I had him wake Caden up to babysit him since I was home alone trying to take care of my 29 week pregnant self and them. In this process, my cell phone completely died so staying in touch with Cass was difficult!
Calder acted fine on Friday but woke up sick on Saturday so we made a trip to after hours in B'ham to make sure he wasn't dehydrated. Turned out, he was ok!
We are SO glad it is behind us now! I'm even more thankful I didn't have tiny little Bates here to nurse and take care of, along with Caden and Calder, while being so sick! Hopefully that's the last time more than two of us are sick at a time...it was difficult! Praying none of our friends end up with it!
1 comment:
How miserable!! Glad you guys are all better now. And I love all of the new posts/pictures!
Post a Comment