
One day this week, Caden and I were playing with the camera and he was taking all kinds of pictures of nothing and I got one of him. I love him SO much and can't believe he's turning into a little boy. It seems like just yesterday we were coming home from the hospital with him!

For EVERYONE who knows me, you KNOW I DO NOT LIKE CHARACTER CLOTHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Caden has a fascination with Buzz Lightyear from potty training and having him on his undies. He had never even seen Toy Story (which he now loves to watch). The day after Thanksgiving, they had these Buzz pajamas on sale at Walmart so I broke down and got them. They will probably be the ONLY character pj's he ever has but he hasn't wanted to take them off since he got them! He even changes into them for his afternoon naps. AND, I must say, he still looks cute in his little character pajamas! He was helping put up Christmas decorations here (not in the smocked outfit he would normally be wearing :) )

Caden and PawPaw eating Thanksgiving lunch at our house!

Cass's favorite...Strawberry Pretzel Salad!

Cass's plate. We left a few things off this year since we eat this stuff year round. I think we were all so full that we didn't even notice!

Calder's 2nd Thanksgiving! He LOVES using his fork! He wasn't feeling 100% but he did a great job eating his lunch like a big boy! He's our little garbage disposal. He hasn't tried anything he doesn't like yet!

Cutie Caden eating his lunch! He is always so silly! We are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thankful for these two little guys!

Having a good family picture taken these days is rare :) This is the best one of the four of us on Thanksgiving day on our front porch! I can't imagine life without ALL three of these guys! Every day is so much fun! We have lots of laughter in our home! (by the way...my staple outfit this winter is a shirt, scarf and some color j.crew pants or jeans...good thing I have a bunch of scarves!)

Cass makes the angel flake biscuits every year and he had a GREAT helper this time! They had a blast making the biscuits together and they were really good!

Cass making the annual Thanksgiving lunch biscuits!

How cute is that smile? He LOVES to help in the kitchen! AND, I love his help! He helped me with all the green beans, too. I would snap the ends off and he broke them in half to put in the pot! I'm very thankful for my little helper...even when he makes a mess! It's so fun to cook together!

Calder is FINALLY taking some steps. The night before Thanksgiving he was walking all over the place for mini Nilla wafers! We haven't been trying the right food yet! I was making my grandmother's chocolate pie and needed them for that and he fell in love! He loves stacking blocks and putting things in and out of boxes and I'm sure that's what he was doing here!

Making the biscuits!

Precious, Precious, Precious!

The boys playing in the den before bed!

Caden and Calder sure do love each other! They were playing in the chair in the matching pajamas...yes, I'm crazy and always put them in matching pajamas (at least when I can...Calder has a lot of Caden's old pj's so sometimes they don't match)!

Matt, our neighbor, smoked us DELICIOUS ribs for our dinner! They are the best! I think we may have to get rid of our smoker and buy an electric one just because they taste so good!

Salad for dinner the night before Thanksgiving. I just made it up and tossed it all together. Romaine, ramen noodles broken up and browned in butter, feta cheese, bacon, mandarin oranges and homeade poppyseed dressing!
Poppy Seed Dressing
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons dry mustard
2 teaspoons salt
2/3 cup cider vinegar
2 cups vegetable oil
3 tablespoons poppy seeds
Combine sugar and next three ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Slowly add oil and beat until thick. Continue to beat 5 minutes. Add the poppy seeds and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Yield: 3 cups **This dressing keeps indefinitely in the refrigerator.
1 comment:
Yay for an update and pictures! You have the cutest family and I love the photo of all 4 of you!
Post a Comment