Wednesday, February 4, 2009

December 2008 (In backwards order)

On our way home from the mountains, we had to drive right through Chattanooga. We stopped and ate at The Southern Star and got our very favorite soup...corn chowder....which they served the day before! We asked if they had any in the fridge and they did so they heated some up for us and we took some back! Then we went to Clumpies for ice cream, walked across the walking bridge and played in the park. It was a great break on our drive and felt like another vacation! We all love Chattanooga and can't wait to go back!
Caden running down the bridge after he was over his fear! He laughed and had the best time! I'm so thankful for two VERY happy children! What a blessing!
Running by himself!
Caden, Mommy and Calder! This is what I look like from the back every time I'm out with Calder because he LIVES in the baby bjorn! I'm going to be really sad when he outgrows it!
Caden was terrified to be on the walking bridge but after a little while, he started to like it! I LOVE going to Chattanooga and the walking bridge. It brings back great college memories!
Holding on tightly to Cass's neck!
We took him to ride the carousel in Coolidge Park in downtown Chattanooga and he really wanted to ride on the fish. Another little boy got on it and we walked the entire thing and that was the only one that was going to work. When we got back around, the little boy had changed to something else and Caden got to ride! He puckered his lips up like the fish for most of the ride, without Cass promting him to do it! SO cute! I love that little boy!
Caden with his puckered lips!
Sitting on one of the fountains in coolidge park! He thought it was so much fun!
He has ice cream around his mouth but he couldn't be smiling any bigger!
Terrible picture of us both, but the only one we have so I thought I would put it on here! We had fun in Chattanooga, too!
Caden was checking everything out!
Daddy and Caden in Clumpies waiting while Mommy and Calder stood in line! If you haven't been there, it is GREAT ice cream and you can get it and walk out to the park for the kids to play! We stop every time we drive through Chattanooga! They charge by the oz. so you can get just a little bit for the little ones!
After Christmas in Atlanta, we headed to Mimi and PawPaw's mountain house with them for a few days. We had so much fun! Caden played putt-putt, ran around outside, rode a camel and make a gingerbread train. We made lots of great memories! It was Calder's first trip to the mountains and first time to sleep in his pack and play and he did great! Cass and I even went out for dessert one night, by ourselves!
Cass telling Caden he can't climb the tree while he is up in it! They had so much fun playing before we left to head home!
Cass doing is favorite thing to do...climb trees! He climbs every tree he can find to climb and I love it! Caden is starting to want to climb them all, too, so he may grow up to be a monkey, too!
We tried to get a good picture of me with the boys and it turned into a laugh fest! I thought this was cute of Caden so I posted it. We had a great time laughing!

Our family, which I am very thankful for! I can't imagine life without all three of these guys!
Caden would go to the ground and Cass would pull him over the deck and he would laugh and laugh! They did this until Cass couldn't do it anymore! It was SUPER fun!
Caden was VERY proud of the gingerbread train that he, Daddy and Paw Paw made! Cass and Caden glued the pieces together and Cass and I went out for dessert while Mimi and PawPaw kept the boys and he and Paw Paw put the candy on it and decorated it!
Another view of his train!
Ringing the bell at the end of Putt-Putt! It said to ring it if you had fun and he had a lot of fun!
All four of us at the putt-putt course! I played with Calder in the bjorn, which was pretty funny, but I did get one hole in 1! It was great!
Caden, trying to figure out what to do next!
Running down one of the greens at the putt putt course in Pigeon Forge!
Mommy and Calder trying to finish up that hole!



Before we left for the outlets, Caden said he wanted to ride on Cass's back when we got there! They got out the backpack and tried it out. Does Caden look happy or what? He thought he was so big up there!
Caden and Daddy trying out the backpack!
This is one of my favorite pictures of Calder! I love it! He is so easy and such a joy to be around. Everyone kept saying life with two was hard but I think it's even easier! Just busy! I love it!

PawPaw, Caden, Cass and Calder on the carousel at The Flying Horse restaurant in Pigeon Forge. It's only a dollar to ride there and it is actually clean so we let him ride several times!

Cass and Calder on Calder's 1st carousel ride!
Happy Caden riding on the horse with a feather duster coming out of it's head!

Calder, watching the carousel, on Mimi's lap!
All the boys, most of which seem to have on orange jackets, outside of the camel ride!
Cass and Caden on the camel ride! We told Caden if we saw a camel ride he could do it. I didn't really think we would. Luckily, it was only 10 dollars and that included a free picture! Check out Cass's socks...don't they look cute? They had the best time and the camel's name was Ty!

Calder, the pink pig! I think he looks so cute here! When I was a little girl, I would always ride on the pink pig at Rich's. Ever since Caden was born, we have taken him to ride it at Christmas and this year, Calder made his first trip to ride! I hope we are able to do this every single year! We sure do love the pink pig!

Daddy and Calder at the Pink Pig!
Mimi and PawPaw taking Caden for his second trip on the pink pig that night! This was his third year to ride and he LOVED it!
All four of us after we rode the pig! We all laughed and had a great time!
Waiting in line for our turn to ride!
On Christmas Day we woke up, had breakfast, opened gifts, read the Bible story then packed up and headed to Mimi and PawPaw's in Atlanta! We had been in Atlanta a couple of days before Caden realized that the toys were coming back to Alabama with us! He thought he had to leave them in Georgia! It was very cute.
Calder sitting in one of his new Christmas presents from Mimi and PawPaw...a new stroller! We love it! Caden wore the other single stroller out so it's time for a new one and we loved the pattern on this one and that it had higher handles for Cass!
Cass got a sander from Mimi and Paw Paw! It was on his list and he was very surprised and happy! He has become quite the handyman!
Cass made Mimi and PawPaw a guest book to leave in the mountains! They were surprised and loved it and I think he did a great job! He even freehanded the writing on the front! Way to go, Cass!
Caden opening one of his presents at Mimi and PawPaw's house!
PawPaw helping Calder open one of his presents!
Cass, at our house, Christmas morning!
Caden loved opening the gifts...but we were careful to make sure that the gifts were not the focus of the day!
Mommy and the boys on Christmas morning in our matching PJ's!
Caden showing Calder his new toys! He LOVES his little brother SO, SO, SO much. It's the sweetest thing I've ever seen!
Caden trying out his new art desk from Santa! He loved it! Then we took him away on a week long trip! Poor little guy!
Trying out his new exersaucer!
Looking to see if the reindeer ate the carrots and celery we left outside for them!
Sitting on his bed while we looked to see if Santa had come!
Calder, laying in Caden's bed, while we looked to see if Santa came!
Our tired little boys on Christmas morning!
Caden was sound asleep when we woke him up on Christmas morning
Our precious, sleeping baby on Christmas morning when we woke him up! I LOVE sleeping babies! Happy 1st Christmas, Calder!!!
Santa didn't eat all the cookies OR drink all the milk!
Our Christmas tree before we distributed the presents on Christmas!
The stockings were full but they still hung on the fireplace!
Santa came to see Caden and Calder!!!! They both loved their gifts!
Caden and his friend Comer at the Birthday Party for Jesus!
Cass was telling the Bible story for some of the preschoolers before the party!

Happy Birthday, Jesus! This was the Happy Birthday, Jesus party at church for the older preschoolers! They had fun!
The beginning of the other logo...lacking the white and a second coat!
The first part of the one of the logo's on the wall...it takes a LONG time to do and we still haven't finished it! It's lacking several coats and a few colors but here it is!
This was Caden's gift from his teachers! He loved it and we thought it was cute, too!

Enjoying every single bite of his cupcake at the party! He loved it! We don't have them very often at home so it was a special treat!

Caden really enjoyed his cupcake at his class party! He ate every single bite (this was before we knew he was allergic to eggs!)
Happy 5 months, Calder!!! You are such a joy to our family and we are SO thankful God blessed us with you! Caden couldn't love you any more and he is always so proud of you and thankful you are HIS little brother! You smile at everyone and rarely cry! You are a great sleeper and we just couldn't imagine our family without you!




Happy 5 months, Calder!!!!

Caden LOVES to color and he is getting better and better at it! He decided to bring everything right outside of our bedroom and color away one morning! I LOVE to see him doing what he loves! It makes us smile so big! Great job, Caden!
Concentrating so hard on his picture!
The lovely rash on Caden's face, that appeared in Gordo, in the middle of nowhere. It started appearing all over him and we found out he is allergic to egg whites and peanuts! FUN! SO, we're trying to find recipes that are eggless. If you have any suggestions, email me!!!
The four of us at the Live Nativity Hayride in Gordo, AL! We had so much fun and can't wait to go again next year! Not the best picture, but the only one we got!
Daddy and Caden walking to the live nativity! It was SO cold and SO much fun!
This is the red velvet pound cake I made for our SS Class Christmas party! We didn't make it because Cass passed out at the dr's office in Birmingham just talking about having foot surgery! It was a CRAZY day and I hope to never relive it again!
Caden likes to put a towel on and look big after he takes a shower. We just use a hand towel and he laughs and smiles so big!

Squeezing Calder's cheeks! A daily activity at the Brannan house! He LOVES his little brother and I hope it continues forever! Pictures like these are priceless to me!
We put a Christmas bumper on Calder's crib and took the boys pictures laying in the crib! I just love to see them smiling so big! It makes my day!
Caden loves to give Calder kisses! I'm not sure Calder likes it quite as much but he puts up with it!
Smiley, Calder! Isn't he precious???
Our boys, just hanging out before bed! I sure do love bedtime and all the snuggling!
Cass and the Children's Minister, Jon, at the Awana Christmas Party in December!
Caden and Mommy at the Christmas party. He just came right over to sit on my lap and I loved it!
Caden and Daddy at the party! We went up to the children's floor for a little music and he was clingy to us while we were up there!
Caden had a blast at the Awana Christmas Party! He's getting so big, I just can't stand it!
Calder looks a little sleepy!

Christmas tree cookies for the Awana Party!
Mini Gingerbread Men for the Awana Party!
Calder and Cass sleeping on a Saturday afternoon! It was so quiet and I went to check on them and they were both sound asleep in Calder's room! I love it!
Mrs. Paula sent a GREAT gift, Mr. Potato Head!!! Caden LOVES it! Thank you, Mrs. Paula!!!
Waiting to open the box to see what Mrs. Paula sent!
His very first gingerbread man! He was very excited and ate every bite! They weren't the cutest gingerbread men but they sure did taste good!
Taking a bite of his gingerbread man!
Calder, in his carseat, at Parent's Night Out in December! It was SOOOOO cold! He hangs out with Mommy most of the night!
Caden, at Parents Night Out, before the other kids got there. Since Cass is in charge of the Preschool PNO, we don't go out, we stay at the church and play with the kids! Therefore, our kids get to go to all of them, too! Caden thinks this is great most of the time, not all of the time. I'm glad he is a trooper!
Some of the boys at PNO playing in the bookshelf...not so sure this is a great idea, but it happened so we got a picture!

No comments: