Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dot Painting and Mt. Laurel

When I taught preschool, the kids always loved to dot paint!  I keep going to Michaels (for years) and forgetting my coupon to get them (they are 14.99) and I finally remembered!  I picked up a box to save for a rainy day and in early March, that day finally arrived!  I pulled out the dot paints and the boys went to town painting...and had a BLAST!  What a fun little treasure that little box of paints is!  We will be using these on many rainy days in the future!  Caden is our little artist and I think he could sit there for HOURS and paint!  It's so fun to watch them!
 Getting started!

 Caden focusing on his project!
 Calder just having fun!

There is a little area in Birmingham called Mt. Laurel.  I would move there in a second if I had the chance.  It's so cute and you can ride your golf cart anywhere!  One of my favorite little stores is there...Favorite Laundry.  They have classic, cute children's clothing, shoes and accessories and the owner and all the girls that work there are so sweet every time we go!  There are other fun stores and a little tea room all around it and we usually make it part of our trip to Birmingham!  The elementary school is right around the corner from the store and they have a playground that the boys LOVE!  There is a wooden train they can play on and we try to let them run around on it every now and then!  The store was so sweet and donated their store centerpiece to the church....it's a tree made of corduroy with fabric leaves.  I will post a picture once we get it back up at the church.  We had gone up there that day to pick it up with the church trailer behind our van!  

Speaking of van...on March 1 we got another Honda Odyssey!  We've been looking for a good deal on a car that could hold 3 carseats since I was pregnant and finally found a great deal on a van at a dealership in Mississippi.  We made a LOW offer and they took it so we drove to Jackson to pick it up and now we are a 3 car family but can actually all ride together in both cars!  We'll save the other Odyssey for trips and drive this one and the accord around town!  So thankful to have found a great deal!






 
 

 


No comments: