Monday, September 1, 2008

Mailbox Building, Clemson Game and Calder

Calder is getting big! I just love to watch him grow even though it makes me sad. He is such a joy!


Cass and his boys reading the Clemson book during the game. SOOOOO precious to me!
This was Cass's Charleston Cheese he wanted to eat during the game. It is so yummy but not very good for you! He really enjoyed it!
This was one of Cass's snacks for the game. We never buy junk food...I can't remember the last time I bought chips or dip and we got both! We enjoyed eating a little junk for a night!
Caden was so excited about cheering on the tigers...obviously it didn't help...they played terribly. He went and got his Clemson book out for Cass to read to him and he kept running around saying Go Tigers. After we put him to bed we could hear him in his room for a long time just saying GO TIGERS! It was precious! He has no clue how bad they played :)
The ice cream man came by the other night and even though he was really shady we let Caden get one. Of course he didn't want to eat it after we bought it but it was fun to see the truck! We probably won't do this again but it was a fun after dinner treat!
The finished product...our mailbox! We're so happy we can get mail now! I'm so proud of Cass for making it by himself! He doesn't do projects like this very often and this was his first one with a saw. He even carved the little piece on top to match all of the neighbors.
Cass got the mailbox in the ground and here it is drying!

I went inside to check on Calder and Cass turned his back for about 20 seconds and this is what happened! This is a picture after Cass had scrubbed a bunch up but this is oil based paint (which doesn't come up easily). I went to Walmart really quick and bought paint stripper and most of it came off! We were glad. He sure has been a handful lately!
Caden watching Daddy put the mailbox in the ground!
Helping measure where to cut the wood for the mailbox. He is a great helper!
Cass worked hard on the mailbox and did a great job! It was his first project like this and I think it looks SUPER!
Caden loves to wear his tool gear and he wanted to put it all on to help Cass build our mailbox. He had a great time!

No comments: