This was a TIRING week! Took Bates to baby weigh day on the 16th and he had not gained any more weight SO when I called the dr, they had us take him to Children's to do an Upper GI to check for abnormalities and see what level refulx he had. Great news...he came back perfectly made but had level 4 reflux (scale only goes to a 5). So, they added bethanachol 3xdaily to his already prilosec once a day! Thankfully it helped a tiny little bit and he's been putting on weight. Cass had a Leadership Breakfast that Sunday morning I was doing the food for so my mom came in town to check on Bates and it was nice because she watched the big boys for us! We got all set up Saturday night for the breakfast, got up very early Sunday morning to finish the food and get the final things ready and Mom stayed home with C and C. Bates slept ALL morning (which wasn't like him), Mom left when I got home from church. I NEVER ask her to stay longer but this time I broke down and did (which is tough for me) but she had plans the next day and couldn't stay so she went on and Cass taught a class that night and when he got home, we checked Bates temp and it kept on rising...SO, we ended up in B'ham in the Children's ER.
Lynnlee was gracious to come stay with the big boys so we could take Bates to the hospital. We got back fast and waited, and waited and waited. We were finally seen around 4 a.m. (after a phone call that Calder had thrown up in his bed at home) and they decided he was just fine and it was viral. He did get to 100.7 (and under 3 months that is considered high). We couldn't leave until the real dr. came in and we found out he was held up because a few kids had passed away from a house fire and another situation. SO sad and thankful that we were there for something so little. Prayed for those other families and waited as long as we had to to leave! Thankful they cleaned out his nose and airway and that made a WORLD of difference! We got home around 7 a.m. and were EXHAUSTED...even had to switch drivers on the way home so we didn't cause an accident :) The big boys entertained themselves so we could sleep and thankfully, Mimi and Poppy got us outback curbside takeout for dinner (such a blessing and I was STARVING and ate more than I've ever eaten at a restaurant!) Thankful for the health of my children, knowing it can be taken away at any moment!
Precious hand!
Precious, perfect little face!
Love those lips!
Sweet sleeping baby...I will SO miss these days when they are gone. Babies are SOOOOOO precious to me!
LOVE baby feet!
Sick boy sleeping so soundly!
Cookies Mimi brought from Magic Muffins!
Daddy helping make the cake for Sunday morning! He made the Southern Living Strawberry Swirl Pound Cake! YUMMY!!! I highly recommend it!
And...I started a little Children's Corner pattern bubble for Bates (didn't turn out perfect but it is wearable!)
No comments:
Post a Comment