Monday, January 10, 2011

Breakfast in Bethlehem

The Preschool Ministry did Breakfast in Bethlehem and it was really fun!  Cass built a stable and gathered the costumes for the characters and the familes came to have breakfast and listen to the story of the birth of Jesus!  It was the Saturday morning after the Auburn game...and Thanksgiving weekend...so we had to set up earlier that week!  The Little People nativities were at Target and we used them for the centerpieces!  we were one short so we used one of Cass's!  We used one from home for the food table centerpiece and carried the theme throughout the event!  I think all the kids had fun!  We had chicken minis from Chick-fil-A, McDonalds biscuits and other muffins and donuts with chocolate milk and orange juice.  It was a simple and fun way to put a picture in the minds of these children what it was like the day that Jesus was born!  Our animals fell through last minute but we were able to line some more up!  Can't wait for it again next year!


 Food tables...










 Calder ate A LOT of donuts!  I don't even know how many...he kept sneaking them off the table!


 Caden as a shepard!





 Cass and Caden



 I love these banners!  My neighbor let us borrow her cricut machine to make it!  It was fun to make and turned out cute! (at least I think so :) ).



 Cass telling the story to the families...he did it a few times so everyone had a chance to hear throughout the hour!

 Our friends from Birmingham were in town so they brought their little boy, Daniel, to it!  I couldn't get Calder to get a picture with him! 
 Calder wanted to dress up, too!



No comments: