My embroidery machine was being serviced and needed to be picked up from Birmingham so the boys and I headed up there for the day. We haven't gone, just the three of us, for a day trip before. We have pulled Caden out of preschool because 1) he hasn't learned anything all year except the days of the week song and the pledge and 2) he was picking up VERY bad things from some boys in the class and coming home very upset. Paying 150 dollars a month for him to learn new things didn't seem like a good option anymore when that wasn't happening. I don't send him to get a total break, I send him to learn and be around kids his age! SO, for the rest of this year, I am going to be his teacher! This was his first full week out of school and I wanted to make it fun (and we knew he was having his surgery this Friday). We went to The Smocking Bird, first, and picked up my machine. I try to avoid the store unless we really need fabric or bobbin thread because they are rude and snobby in there! It was no different this day and one of the ladies wasn't very nice to Calder. Oh well...I just smiled and told her to have a nice afternoon!
After The Smocking Bird we headed to Savages, a bakery we love, in Homewood to pick up some meltaways and orange rolls and the boys each got a cookie. I forgot to take a picture. Then we headed to the zoo! It was super cold but we had a blast! It was practically empty but we saw all the animals, Caden rode the carousel all by himself and we all three rode the train. I'm planning to do that a lot more when it warms up outside! It made for two very happy boys!
After the zoo, we headed to The Summit to go to Pottery Barn Kids and Swoozies. We have a Easter Egg Hunt at our house every year and I needed to get the paper to make the invitations! I'm looking forward to it! I think they will be really cute, too! When we left there, the boys were wiped out but we headed to Fresh Market to share a little rotisserie chicken salad, get free kids cookies and gummies for the drive home! We love their food! I wish we had one in Tuscaloosa! I was spoiled living right by them for years!
We stopped by Starbucks for a kid's hot chocolate (for Caden) and a chocolate milk (for Calder) and I decided not to get anything...which I later regretted! We drove home and had a super fun day! It was a blast!

The boys on the train! We all three shared a seat!

Caden was so happy to be riding!

Love those sweet boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment