Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Trip to the Mountains after VBS!!!

After VBS we took a little trip to the mountains to rest and relax and celebrate Caden's birthday (a few days early). It was nice to get away, just the four of us! Hopefully we will be able to do that every year for their birthday's!
Feeding the goats some food. He LOVES to do this every time we go!
Calder looking at the goats!
Watching Caden ride the pony!
Caden didn't want to get off, and they will let you ride as long as you want! This little pony's name is Stuart Little and he is the only one he wants to ride when we go up there!
He LOVES animals!
Daddy and Calder on Calder's first hike! It's the same place we took Caden for his first hike, too!
Caden fell asleep on the way back down the mountain. He didn't want us to take the stoller and we were glad we did! I LOVE seeing my boys sleep...it's precious to me!
Mommy and Calder at the falls. Mommy lost her glasses and had to get some at the outlet and they are definitely outlet sunglasses :) Thankfully we found the old ones!
All four of us at the top of the mountain!
Daddy and the boys. I LOVE this picture of them! Caden had a walking stick to walk up the mountain and he loved using it.
Cass and the boys walking up the trail!
The four of us in Gatlinburg!
MB and Caden on the lift (just the one that sits out front). He is scared to go on the real one so we just sat on this one for a while!
LOVE this!
Smiley while walking around Gatlinburg. We always go to Gatlinburg just once to get a laugh while we are there...and to get donuts from the Donut Friar!
Cass and Calder!
Calder loved being in the backpack!

Riding the carousel at The Flying Horse restaurant. We always go ride several times because it's only a dollar and it's the cleanest thing up there!
He smiled the whole time!

Mommy and Caden playing putt-putt at the outlets in Sevierville! It was fun!
He thought he was SO big playing all by himself!

Daddy and Caden playing putt-putt!
Mommy and Calder. I pushed him around the course most of the time and he just watched Caden play! He will be able to play soon, though!

Feeding the goats, again!
Calder wasn't so sure about it but he let them sit there and eat...he just didn't want to touch them!

Riding the ponies! Calder was NOT a fan!
Caden on Stuart Little!
Dancing in Cade's Cove on a picnic table after eating ice cream (I know his shoes don't go with his outfit but we were playing outside and hiking so that's what he had to wear :) )
Enjoying his ice cream! This is the BEST ice cream on earth! It's Mayfield soft serve and I only wish I could have some every day!
Daddy feeding Calder some ice cream! As you all know, he LOVED it!
Walking through a field in Cade's Cove looking for deer!
Love this of them!
Love this one, too!


Caden took off by himself because we told him he could! (I accidentally lost a picture of Cass and Calder from deleting but oh well...too hard to add in now!)


On our way there we were making great time and got past Gadsden and heard a loud noise, like helicopters flying over us, and we figured out we had a flat tire. Because I'm super paranoid, I didn't want Cass to change it because there wasn't much room on the side of the road and I was afraid a car may hit us SO we called Honda Roadside Assistance and had no clue where we were. Go figure. Once we figured it out, they hurried because they knew we had two small kids with us! SO, we were back on our way and ready to stop in Chattanooga at our favorite lunch spot...The Southern Star...where I forgot to take a picture. We LOVE their Charleston Salad and their Tortilla Soup but really everything is delicious!
Here I am looking out the window checking everything out!

No comments: