Thanks to all of you who have prayed for us while Cass was looking for a new job! He has turned down some jobs that didn't make sense to turn down but we just haven't had a peace about going anywhere yet. Cass went to Tuscaloosa a few weeks ago and met with two people and called me on the way home SO excited about this opportunity. He went back this past Monday and Tuesday to their staff retreat and had a great time. We went as a family this past weekend and he has accepted a job as the Minister of Preschool at Calvary Baptist Church in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. He is SOOOOO excited (I am, too) and we can't wait to dive in and serve the preschoolers and their families! We all went from Friday to Monday and met all of the great people at the church and house hunted. It was VERY hot and Caden and Calder did great! I don't recommend EVER traveling...especially house hunting...with a 2 year old and 2 week old. It was very draining and I am exhausted! I don't think my dr. would be happy with me for doing that much so soon but we're back and I'm getting a little rest before we make the move next week! You can see pictures from our new house and trip below! We're so thankful for all of you and your support as we waited for the place where God was leading us to serve!

This is a picture of part of the front of the house we are going to buy! We LOVE it and can't wait to move in! We are hoping to move next Friday but we'll know by the end of this week when we can move! We are very excited!

This is what Calder did best this weekend! He was a great little guy. I felt so bad putting him through it all but he did great! I'm SO proud!

Caden loved the play areas at the church! Here he is on the tree/slide.

I always say, "Poor Calder" Caden is always holding him in very uncomfortable ways and he just goes along with it. I think this time he was ready to get down!

This is a picture of Caden in one of the houses that we looked at. He was a good sport while we were dragging him all over the place in the 100 degree weather! We are so proud of him!

What a cute little smile :)

Stickers are our best friend these days! Caden will sit for a LONG time and just put stickers on paper.

Caden was very active at the place we stayed. Here he is trying to get out of the room!

Calder in Tuscaloosa just relaxing!

Caden holding Calder by himself...that's a big deal to him. Poor little Calder is the best sport!

Caden and Calder before we left for Alabama on Friday. I had them matching in their little outfits and half way there, Calder had an explosion in the car. We changed him at the gas station and cleaned the carseat as best as we could and we on our way. This happened about 7 times this weekend! Oh well, what can you expect!

The tail on Calder's towel!

All wrapped up after his bath...isn't he so cute!

Calder saying...Daddy, Please stop putting water on me!

Getting a bath and ready for it to be over!

Calder getting his bath...he isn't the biggest fan yet but I'm sure it will grow on him :)

Cass was on the phone while Calder was relaxing and I got his picture...I'm sure he will just love that I put it on here :)

Caden has a hard time keeping his hands off of Calder...here he is stopping the swing to give him a hug and kiss!

Sweet baby Calder!

Our little cutie, Caden, smiling for the camera!

Calder relaxing in his swing!

Caden was dressed like Daddy (at least he thinks so) and wanted his picture taken so here he is!

Calder taking a nap...yes...I am already letting him sleep on his stomach even though every single thing you read says not to. Caden was always on his stomach and Calder is a much better sleeper when we let him do it, too.

Caden was helping Mimi open one of her birthday presents. Opening presents has become one of his favorite things to do!

Helping Mimi blow out her birthday candles with spaghetti all over his face!
No comments:
Post a Comment