Sorry for the long post! We've been a little busy :) We have had a crazy few weeks but things are slowing down now. We are in our house but still not finished unpacking. Hopefully we will be finished this week! That is the goal. Caden has emptied a bottle of nailpolish on the kitchen floor, two bottles of mouthwash on the bathroom floor, poured a bucket of water on the kitchen floor and disappeared from us a church where he had taken a ride by himself on the elevator and was headed to the worship center! It's been crazy! He is adjusting well for a two year old. We had a new baby, moved out of my parents house, gave him a new bed and moved to a new city all within a month so we can't expect him to act himself right away! We really like it here. The church is wonderful...everyone is so friendly and welcoming! Caden started Puggles last Wednesday which is Awana for two year olds. He is still adjusting to the nursery but he will be fine pretty soon. Calder is growing every day! He is really long and is the best little baby. He gets up only once a night, at most, and some nights will go from around 9 to around 7 without getting up! He is a happy little guy and he fits our family perfectly. We are so thankful for our kids and the blessing that they are to us. Cass LOVES his new job and all of the people he works with! We feel so blessed and know this was worth the wait! I'll do better about updating now. These are not in order but they are close. I'll post house pictures once we get unpacked! Have a great week!




Calder resting in his bed for the first time! He slept in a cradle in Atlanta and his moses basket until we got his bed set up! He loves it!

Calder is not happy but it's hard to get a good picture of both of them. I still think it's cute!

Caden and Daddy after Lindsey's shower!


Someone brought us dinner last night and brought these cute cookies with it! We are not Alabama fans but the cookies are really cute and Caden is really enjoying eating them!

Calder - 5 1/2 weeks old!


Daddy, Caden and Calder snuggling on Caden's bed before they went to sleep!


He looks like he is ready for his day to end!

Before bed last night we took a few pictures of our boys! They are so precious!

Taking a break from splashing to eat a cookie!


Searching for puddles in the back yard so he can SPLASH!

It has rained for several days straight and we told Caden yesterday that if he obeyed all day he could go splash in the puddles in the yard when Cass got home. We put on his rain gear and he went to town splashing in all of the puddles! We love watching him play...he is full of energy and always has a smile on his face!

I was trying to take pictures of things to list on ebay and Caden kept trying to get me to take his picture instead! Here is one of the pictures I got during this!



Mimi, Caden, Calder and Cass after Lindsey's baby shower in Birmingham!


One day I had Caden play in his room while I unpacked some things. When I went to get him this is what he had been doing...lining his trucks up in a straight line! We hope he doesn't have issues when he is older! He is quite obsessed with things being a certain way. He loves to clean and he even puts pinecones back in the yard where he found them when he is finished playing with them!

Giving his morning kisses. He talks to him in a baby voice and it is so cute! I love it!

Caden snuggling with Calder one morning!


Calder loves to lay on Caden's bed while we play in his room!

Cass is the watermelon carver for every shower! He did this one for Lindsey's!

The pretty flowers on the punch table!

The favors at the shower. They were jellybeans and gummy worms with a cute little charm and tag on them!

The table for Lindsey's shower...doesn't it look cute? I love the cake!

Mimi and Calder at Lindsey's baby shower in Birmingham this past weekend. 5 weeks old!

Crying after his bath!

Getting calmed down after his bath. He doesn't enjoy going from warm water to the cold air!

Calder getting a bath in his room! He actually likes his bath now. He loves to have the water poured over his big belly! I love how good he smells after his bath!

Our sweet baby, Calder!

Calder was smiling at me! He loves to smile and I love to look at him smiling! He is a precious gift and we're so glad he is a part of our family!

I was taking pictures of him and all of a sudden he took his paci out and started smiling like this! How cute is that? I love this little boy SO much...he makes me smile!

Mimi and Pawpaw came to help with Caden while we got moved in and started unpacking. While they were here they surprised Caden and bought him this playset! We don't want one of the bigger ones until he's a little older---he is accident prone and we didn't think we needed a trip to the ER quite so soon! He LOVES to play on it but it's been raining for a few days so we're ready for the sun to come out so he can play outside!

Playing on his new playset!

We put the highchair away until Calder needs it and Caden started sitting at the table in his booster seat! So far he is doing great with it! We put his mess mat down last night because he sure does get a lot of crumbs on the floor!

We got Caden's old playmat out for Calder and I think Caden likes it just as much as Calder does! He likes to lay on it and play with the toys.

I don't know what he was staring at but he was very interested in whatever it was!

Eating his yummy spaghetti! We always tend to take pictures after this!

Caden loves to eat spaghetti! He always takes his shirt off and gets it all over himself! We think it's cute!

This was a fun day! I wanted to get out of the house to explore Northport and Tuscaloosa a little bit and find some cute stores. I dressed the boys all cute and matching and headed out the door! This was my first time out here all by myself and I got to the first shopping center and got Caden in the stroller and Calder in the baby bjorn. I was walking around a precious store talking with a lady in there and started smelling something not so great. I look down and Calder has gone to the bathroom...and it's coming out of his diaper down his leg and on my arm! OH NO!!! I go to the car to change him and realized this is the FIRST time I have left the house without an extra outfit! I got us all cleaned up and put him back in the bjorn with just a diaper on and went from store to store trying to find something inexpensive to put on him. I didn't want him to ride home in the carseat with just a diaper. I found this Auburn shirt on clearance (probably because we are in Tuscaloosa) and I bought it! Some nice ladies working at the store helped me get him dressed (since I didn't have anywhere to lay him down) and we continued our exploring! Caden was so good during it all. It made for a funny day...all I could do was laugh! Happy one month, Calder!!!

Caden's first wagon ride at our house! Our neighborhood is flat with sidewalks and great for walking! We've gone for a walk every night after dinner except for our rainy days!

Daddy was getting Caden all buckled in the wagon and I got a great picture of him and Calder!

Isn't he precious?

So happy playing on the moving truck after it was unloaded!

After the moving truck was unloaded, Caden had to check it out! He had fun climbing on the truck and running around! They even let him sit in the front! Lots of fun for a little boy!

Calder at Sassy's house after being in the car. He was SO ready to stretch out and relax! The poor little baby has been through a lot in his first month of life!

When we were leaving town we stopped at Chick-fil-A for lunch and then gave Caden a pack of cookies to eat. A few bites in and he was GONE! He fell asleep with a cookie with a bite taken out of it in his hand. He is so precious! He slept our whole way to Birmingham--where we stayed at Sassy's house!

Calder sitting in Pawpaw's chair the day we left for Alabama!

Our last day in Atlanta. Happy 4 weeks Calder!!!! It went by so fast!

Uncle Papu and Jeanette came over and brought Caden this dinosaur blanket for his birthday! He was having fun playing with it!

This is Calder on August 12 at his 4 week checkup! He was 10 lbs. 3 ounces and 22 5/8 inches long! He sure is gaining weight fast! I thought nursing made them gain it slower but not Calder! He got a shot and only cried for a few seconds. It still broke my heart. I don't like those shots AT ALL!!! This was our last visit to Dr. Brown before we moved to Tuscaloosa. We still miss Dr. Jason in Macon but we hope to find a great Dr. for our boys here!

Caden loves to hug and kiss on Calder. It's so precious. He is so gentle and we can tell how much he loves him. He has not been mean to him one single day! I'm sure we will have many fights in the future but we're off to a great start!

Yawning while looking at the birds on his swing.

Doesn't he have cute little feet and toes? I love babies feet!

He is getting so big so fast. I just can't get over how fast they grow! It makes me sad. I'm trying to cherish every single day!

Sitting in the swing.

Calder is resting in his basket...one of his favortie things to do!

He is looking SO big! I love his smile...and his gap between his teeth! SO cute!

I met some girls from our Sunday School class in Atlanta at Monkey Joe's to play one day. I think Caden had a good time! He didn't love the blow up stuff but he loved the water fountain and these toys! Here he is climbing on his favorite toy at Monkey Joe's! This was his favorite thing that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment