Monday, January 25, 2010

No More Pacifiers!!!

Horrible picture but there is a story. I have several friends who have ventured to the hair school here to have their hair cut. When they arrived home, they ALL looked really cute and I thought their hair was great! SO, being the thrifty person that I am, I thought I'd go for the adventure and try to have a 10 dollar haircut! The girl who cut my hair said she was about to graduate so I was feeling pretty good! I had my hair washed and sat down and she started to section my hair to cut it (I have thick hair and do this everytime I dry it). She was having trouble sectioning it and even made a comment about that so I was a little nervous. After the trim (I was going to grow it out for the Pantene hair program and donate 8 inches for a child with cancer to have a wig for free) I ended up with a cut and one side was about two inches longer than the other. I politely asked that she cut them to the same length so she tried. I think it was about 5 or 6 different lengths by the end of it all. She started flat ironing it before it was all the way dry and I ended up leaving looking like a poodle with fluffy ears :) Haha...SO, I called my neighbor and Cass and decided I should go get it fixed before I went out in public. I called a salon many people have told me about here...Tara Lane...and a girl was sweet enough to fit me in! She started thinning and trimming and this picture is the end result! I was happy with my "fix" and now I can at least go somewhere here to have my hair cut (instead of Chattanooga or Atlanta). However, I WILL NOT be going back to the hair school. I think a good hair cut is worth whatever the cost may be! No more being thrifty in that area! I had Cass take a picture to send my mom and this was it..not a great picture but you can see the hair!

Wondering where his cookie went...IN HIS STOMACH!! He is our little eater!
Calder was enjoying his cookie!

I told him to smile and he just kept closing his eyes. It's so fun when they first learn to close their eyes! PRECIOUS!
I had a Kelly's Kids party last week and Caden wasn't being the sweetest friend when people would come by. Because of this, he lost all of his "pap pap's" (his name for his pacifiers). He knew we were not playing around. We will not allow him to treat our company, or anyone for that matter, poorly. SO, we had him gather them all up and put them in a bag to take out to the trash. He asked me if the garbage men were going to put them in the FRONT of the truck (I"m sure to take special care of his precious little pacifiers) and I made sure he knew that was not the case. Then he said, maybe they will hang them on the side? I said, no. SO, when Cass arrived home from work we had a say goodbye to pap pap's ceremony and when it was time to throw them away (which we were not really going to do--we have to save them for when he's older--thus, the plastic bag) he had the saddest face I've ever seen and started the most pitiful cry. SO, I suggested we put them in the very top of the kitchen cabinets and he was all about that! He has not asked for them one single day since and he's been very sweet to our company and friends because he knows we mean business now! It makes me sad to not have pacifiers and I know he misses them a lot but it was MUCH easier to get rid of them than I ever imagined it would be! Of course we took pictures of it all :)

Starting to get a little sad saying goodbye to his pacifiers...
He sure does love them! He doesn't just put them in his mouth...he rubs them ALL OVER his face! He makes sure one doesn't go in his mouth so that it stays dry to rub on his face :)
He's probably had close to 100 total pacifiers in his 3 1/2 years of life!

1 comment:

Dena said...

I love how the hair finally turned out though!!! SO cute!